°Brian 11°

I had just gotten back from a little afternoon shopping and came home to the shared flat between all the stones. I was Mick's girlfriend for about two years now, but it really wasn't all dazzling and intense like it once was. Fame had changed Mick somewhat, and he was really cruel and rude to me most of the time, not taking any interest or care in what I did or my life. I tried, I really tried, but Mick just didn't care.

I knew what he did behind my back with other girls, and I would stay up just to see him when he got back from the "studio" but he just found it annoying so I went to bed early from then on so he wouldn't have to see me.

I had gotten Mick a few nice shirts from the shops and set them aside while I looked over my new purchases. The door opened and the others came in. "Hello love, went shopping then huh?" Brian smiled. Really only the others took interest in what I did and my life, I think they really pitied me though.

"Yep! Is Mick here?" I smiled. "Uh yeah, he should be in here in a second hun." Keith turned on the television and sat down next to Brian. A few seconds later Mick walked in and I excitedly picked up the box with his shirts. "Hey babe, how was your day?" I politely asked him.

"It was fine." he shrugged. "Oh that's good, anyway I got you somethin." I hopefully told him. He just stared at the box so I opened it for him. "I got you some new shirts, do you like them?" I grinned. "Yeah, they're nice." he shrugged and started to walk away. "Wait but don't you want to try them-" I started. "I don't give a damn about the shirts Kaylee, you deal with them!" he shouted and stormed away into the bedroom and slammed the door.

I stood still and looked down at the shirts and then back at the bedroom door with my eyes watery. I could feel everyone staring at me and I set the box down."I'm making tea if anyone wants some." I whispered and slowly walked to the kitchen. They watched me go and felt so sorry.

I set the kettle on the stove and softly cried, what was so wrong with me that Mick didn't want to be with me, or even speak to me with that? I sunk down to the floor and sniffled and cried. I heard footsteps approaching but didn't even care to get up or see who it was. "Love? Oh love, what are you doing on the floor?" Brian asked.

I looked up,"Do you want tea?" he chuckled,"No love, I was just coming to see if you were alright, Mick can be such an ass." he sighed. "Oh he's just tired from working and that, I shouldn't have bothered him, he likes his space." I tried to lie to Brian and myself.

"It doesn't matter love! That is no way to treat anyone, especially you, he may be my mate, but I see the way he talks to you and the way he treats you and think how awful that is!" he explained.

"I-I just d-don't k-know what t-to do with o-out him B-Bri." I cried and cried. "Shh, it's going to be alright love, you have the rest of us, and you especially have me." he sat on the floor next to me and pulled me close. I rested my head against his warm chest and he wrapped his arm around my shoulders.

I felt warm and safe and... loved. Mick had never taken the time or effort to show me how much I meant to him, or how much he cared for me. But... Brian was, he cared. I felt special and important in his arms, like he would do anything for me and everything to feel worthy and happy.

I smiled and sat up,"Oh I'm sorry, I shouldn't have-" he began but I interrupted him with a gentle kiss to his lips. He lightly held my cheek in his hand and when I felt those lips against mine, I knew nothing else mattered except this man in front of me, not a thing.