An Old Tale from an Old Man (Amulets of Satya AU)

I've been working on this AU for months and I'm actually pretty proud of what I've got so far. The story isn't finished so there might be a few inconsistencies as this progresses but with luck everything will be alright. I accept suggestions but that doesn't mean I'll implement them as they might clash with something I've already planned. Please enjoy this extremely short teaser that will leave you on cheap excuse of a cliffhanger. It'll be worth it :) ... I hope.

Oh! Hello! Didn't see you there! It's been a long time since someone bothered coming all the way up here to visit. Anyway, what do you need? ...oh .... you want to know about...? Alright. You came to the right person dear reader. But be warned that it's a long story and.... well... it's not always sunshine and rainbows. The story I'm about to tell you is an old tale that speaks of things you might think impossible. You might even think it's a myth. But never forget that every myth is based in reality.

If you're sailing North through the Pacific, take a right when you reach the sixth star to the left of Orion. Then continue ahead for three days and three nights until you see land in the horizon and there you will find Zuphae. The forgotten continent. The mysterious land where all magic comes from. Dragons, witches, knights and bird people. Kings and queens. Trolls and... a talking slime? Sure. Why not. At Zuphae anything can happen.

Although Zuphae has lots of interesting places to explore, our story begins at the small kingdom of Vaskim. Where two completely normal friends run a completely normal shop in the middle of a completely normal market. But their lives are about to take a turn. For the better or for worse is up to you, dear reader, to decide.