A series of unfortunate events

Dianne: Joe I can't take you to chemo tomorrow, Caspar's gonna take you.
Joe: yeah ok thats no problem, I might ask him to take me out for lunch before.
Dianne: I'm sure he will
Joe: yeah he will
Joe called Caspar so they could make proper plans for tomorrow.

Joe on the phone to Caspar
Joe: ello mate
Caspar: yo buddy how are you
Joe: so much better, i have energy, i can walk, i can eat I feel normal for once.
Caspar: I'm glad mate, do you still want me to take you to your chemo tomorrow?
Joe: if you can, yeah please, i was thinking as I feel better we should get the boys back together for lunch?
Caspar: sure will give them a call, i'll pick you up about 11:30?
Joe: ok see you then, thankyou

It was now the next day
Joe: morning beautiful
Dianne: morning little one, how are you feeling this morning
Joe: shockingly so good, i need to make the most of this energy as i know the chemo will drain it, so for the first time in like forever I'm gonna go down stairs and make you some smashed avocado on a bagel with some scrambled eggs.
Dianne: sit down joe i'll make you breakfast, I'm here to take care of you.
Joe: no Dianne for the last 3 weeks you've been looking after me so much not often i can repay you anymore so when i can i'm gonna treat you like the queen you are.

Dianne pulled joe by his top towards her and gave him a kiss.

As Joe was heading down stairs leaving his girlfriend in the bed, he could feel pain as he walked, it wasn't a pain that he had had before but joe decided to ignore it as today was supposed to be a good day.

Joe made both her and him some breakfast and there morning coffee and then he laid there with her eating and drinking, for the first time in a long time joe could eat, only half of it but that was something.

It was now later in the day and almost time for Caspar to pick Joe up. He still had this pain in him but he still decided to ignore.

Joe: Dianne I'm leaving, Caspar's outside
Dianne: Ok babe, remember if you're sick or anything call me.
Joe: I will

Joe made his way out of the house and into the lift. While in the lift this pain grew it was so bad he was crying in so much pain! He didn't know what to do, but after it stopped he once again ignored it. Then saw Caspar sitting at the back of an Uber with Josh.

Caspar: hey buddy
Joe: ello mate
Josh: Are you ok joe you look in pain
Joe: yeah i'm fine I just had this massive pain in my stomach all morning
Caspar: Is that normal?
Joe: I've never had it before so I don't know
Josh: should we take you to the hospital
Joe: no I'm fine, we're going for a nice lunch with our friends now
Caspar: ok but promise to tell us if it happens again so we can help you.
Joe: promise

Caspar wasn't happy agreeing to not taking joe to the hospital but he kept quiet because that's what joe wanted.

They then arrived the cafe they were eating in, everyone was there except them.

Joe: ello, ello
Oli: long time no see mate
Joe: yeah it's been so long hasn't it
Byron: you look better joe
Joe: yeah I'm feeling so good, but this chemo later will ruining that ha
Jack: it must be worth it though as that's what's making you better
Joe: true, are you ready to order? my treat today.
Mikey: grate
Josh: you don't have to pay joe, we'll pay for you
Joe: no you guys really helped me the other night when we had pizza so today is my day to pay for you.