~ Prologue ~

Vanessa began packing shortly after reading the letter, she spoke to her parents about leaving to join a group to protect innocent people. She didn't go into too much detail, as the little they knew, the safer they would be. Vanessa had also left out that she wasn't human, that she came from another planet. Though it killed her lying to them, she thought it would be for the best, for now. She was done packing, she had a suitcase full and a duffel bag full, it was nearly all her clothes, shoes, and the essentials, she couldn't forget her spell-book nor the letter.

Vanessa stood in the hallway of the home, eyeing up the picture frames on the walls, her childhood, the feeling of warmth and welcome. She was going to miss this place deeply, she was going to miss her family.

"Going?" Her Father asks, holding his wife in a sideways embrace, as both of them stare at their daughter. Vanessa offered them a wide smile, the moment reminded her when she left for college in her early twenties.

"I am, but I'll always be a phone call away," she told them both, dropping her duffel bag to the ground, heading over to them before crushing both into a loving hug, and they hugged her right back.

"We know," her Mother replied, rubbing the back of Vanessa, generating that Mother and daughter comfort. The hug lasted a few moments, but truth be told neither one of them wanted to let go, but they knew that one day she would come back. Once they pulled back, Vanessa offered that warm smile once again, before going back to her duffel bag, grabbing it up and placing her hand on the handle of her light grey suitcase.

"I love you both," she states in a heart-felt moment, trying not to tear up.

"We love you," her Father states lovingly, giving her a soft gaze. Vanessa nods swiftly, before rolling her suitcase towards the door and opening the front door with her freehand. She exited onto the porch, and down she went, towards a taxi that was already waiting to take her to the airport. Once she reaches the taxi, she places her luggage into the trunk as the taxi man closes it. She goes to the side door and opens it, but she pauses and looks back at her house, her parents now standing on the porch, watching her go. She smiles softly to them, giving them a wave, before entering the cab. Vanessa sat comfortable in the back, as she took her gaze out of the window, seeing them waving. The taxi jolts forward for a moment, and off she went. To start a new adventure with the Titans, and she couldn't wait...

.....................................

The flight seemed short for Vanessa but she was thrilled about that, plus Dick and the rest didn't know that she was coming. Dick did text her saying where they would be at, and if she changes her mind, let him know. But she wanted to surprise them. Vanessa was currently in a taxi, crossing the famous Golden Gate Bridge, it was bigger in person for her and she was loving every minute. She practically had her face glued out of the window, feeling like a kid again. The drive over the bridge was short, but she would definitely be crossing it again.

The cab came into the city area of San Francisco, it was an amazing sight to behold. The Titans Tower - that's what Dick and Donna called it - was near the port of San Francisco, it was a high building. Gaining closer to the building, it dwarfed over her, but she was excited. The cab comes to a halt, and the man exits, gaining her luggage from the trunk as she pushes open the door and exits. She looked up at the building and she couldn't believe it that she would be staying here with the rest. Vanessa went round back of the cab, grabbing her duffel bag and suitcase. Vanessa thanked the driver and off she went, walking over with her stuff to the main entrance, but it was locked and had a communication device on the wall.

Vanessa leans forward and presses the buzzer, alerting whoever was inside that she wanted entry. Within a few moments, a display screen changed colour, and displayed a visual of Jason.