Chapter Six: Heritage

I enter my bedroom as I didn't want to see anyone right now, I needed time to calm myself down. I couldn't sit or lay down, I paced at the foot of my bed, hoping that this would wear me out, but not even that would stop me. It seemed like hours had flown by, but it had only been like five minutes. I groan in annoyance and slam myself down on the end of my bed, staring at my desk which held my spell book... No spell in there would change how I feel...

"Initiating system lock-down protocol," the automated voice states, making me stand from the end of the bed. Something wasn't good was happening right now. I exited my room with haste, turning left, down the hallway and made my way to the entrance of the main room. As I turn the corner I see Rachel staring down to the ground her eyes widen in shock.

"Rose!" She states in a panic, making me come forward to her. I took my gaze to the left, to see Rose's body tangled and twisted, things broken. I put a hand-over my mouth in shock, as the others came rushing in.

"Rachel, don't," Dick states, before he saw the dead body of Rose. My hand dropped from my mouth as Rachel turns to look at Dick and the others, but they all noticed Rose on the ground. Rachel didn't say anything and ran off to her bedroom.

"Rachel," Kory states rushing after her, my gaze going back to Rose, she was dead.

"I'm sorry, kid," I hear Hank speak aloud. Out of the corner of my eye, I see Dawn come over to the body.

"What are we supposed to do now?" Gar said but my eyes never left Rose's body. Dawn had now crouched down and checked her pulse, to see if there was any chance of her alive. Dawn pulled back after a moment, as she turns back to look at the rest.

"She's alive," she states amazed. Suddenly, Rose's body began to move, like a fish out of water, her broken bones snapping back into place, and moving into a straight position. Rose kicks her legs around as bones snapped back in and her head twisted sideways and her eye shot open.

"That's some devil shit," I said in amazement, my eyes wondering over to Dick and the rest. But Hank quickly came forward and picked up the girl, bridal style, and carried her to the medical room. We were all right behind him, once in the hallway, he rushes into the room, Dawn and Gar followed him in as I waited in the hallway.

"So," Kory began as Dick came to the side of me. "Which problem do you wanna fix first?" She asks him, but he lets out a big ass sigh. But I know he will choose the right one...

"Kory, can we talk?" I ask after a moment, her eyes coming to me. She give me a nod of her head, coming swiftly to me. I had a few questions to ask her...

....................

Kory and I both sat on the couch, the fireplace right in front of us. Heat generating on our skin as the fire was warm and felt good, it made me relax.

"How's you been?" I started off, my eyes on Kory as I cocked my leg over the other.

"I've been good. I mean I come back to find Jason taken," she states in a worried tone, as she worried for him as we all did. "But I'm sure we'll find him," Kory encouraged, making me smile at her, she was always the one who gave us hope.

"I hope," I told her, my gaze looking down to my hands as my fingers twisting and played with each other. "Have you ever heard of Auqnaids?" I plain out asked her as there was no other way I could put it. She looks at me surprised for a moment, probably wondering where I had heard the name.

"Stories on my planet. Why do you ask?" Kory raises an eyebrow to me, but I needed to play it cool.

"It's in my spell book, and it doesn't give me much," I lied through my teeth. "So, I was just wondering if you've heard of them before," I kept my tone the same, hoping she didn't know that I was lying.