57

Amelia's POV

"Now the day bleeds.." I heard faint singing. My head was pounding and it was hard to breathe.
"And you're not here..." The voice paused with a slight crack.

I open my eyes and see bright lights and I immediately shut them again.
"I was getting kind of used to being someone you lov-" he stopped again sobbing quietly.

I slowly open my eyes again and seeing Daniel crying with his head in his hands.
I was at the hospital and I looked around seeing the rest of the boys passed out.

I had this weird ringing in my ears and I lifted my hand to feel my ears but there was a cast wrapped around it.

"A-Amelia!" Daniel sniffles wiping his tears away. He grabbed my hand as I closed my eyes again. I didnt have the energy to talk.

I opened my mouth to say something but nothing came out.
I open my eyes seeing Daniel looking confused and concerned.

I shake my head opening my mouth and pointing to it.
"What?" Daniel asks "Y-You can't...speak?" He guesses.

I nod and cough feeling a sharp pain in my chest.

"Wait" he says sniffling and bending down to grab a water bottle.

"Ah" he says meaning to open my mouth.
I roll my eyes and shake my head opening my mouth as he slowly poured water into my mouth.

I clear my throat and try again to speak.

"Daniel" I said very quietly. I couldn't even hear myself speak.

"Your voice will recover soon...I hope" he mutters kissing my hand. "I'm just glad you're alive"

"What happened?" I ask him clearing my throat again.
"Well..uh let's see" he chuckles "You were screaming like a maniac and it seemed like something was going up in your head and then you passed out with your ears bleeding"

I open my mouth to say something but the doctor walks in.
"Oh good you're up!" He smiles writing down something on his clipboard.
"You might find difficulty to talk but its fine it will heal over time but about your ears.." He pauses flipping through some pages.

"You're very lucky whatever was going on stopped because if it went on for 2 more seconds your ear drums could have burst" he say clicking his pen. I didn't realize my mouth was hanging wide open and Daniel squeezed my hand and gave me slight smile.

"When can I go home?" I ask hopefully he heard me.
"Sorry what was that?" He asks. "She said when is she discharged?" Daniel asks.

"Not today or tomorrow for sure we still need to do a few more check ups to see if your ears are healing" he says shaking his head.

My mom and dad burst through the door and they come towards me.
"Hi sorry" she says to the doctor.

"Oh god my baby what happened?! Are you okay?! Daniel told me everything" she says cupping my face and making sure not to touch where my ears are.

"Yeah how have you been?" I smiled looking at her then back to my dad. "Why does she sound like that?!" My mom says facing the doctor.

"She has just lost her voice i-
"Are you actually alive or is this a dream?" Zach says rubbing his eyes and cutting the doctor off and walking towards me.

"No Zach she's dead" Daniel says rolling his eyes.
Zach squeezes his eyes and puts his hand out.
He pinches me and I slap his hand away.

"What was that for?!" I yell with my voice sounding hella strained.

"Zach we'll handle your stupidity later now tell me what exactly happened Amelia" My mom says "shooing" Zach off.

"I-I don't know.." I mutter "I heard whispers and they just got annoying and really hurt my ears"

"Amelia!" I see Jonah saying at the corner of my eye fixing his hair. "I'm glad you're okay and I know there's something more to it" He says.

"I think the boy is right dear...things like that really don't happen" the doctor says "but let me know if you need anything I have to go"

"Bad things always happen when we leave!" My mom says looking at my dad. He sighs and sits down where Jonah was.

"Its fine mom...I'm alive" I smile slightly squeezing her hand. "Maybe not for long.." Zach mumbles.

"ZACH!" Daniel shouts punching his arm. "What?! For all you know any of us could die any moment!" Zach says rubbing the place where Daniel punched him. I sigh shaking my head.

Zach was right all of us will die some sooner or later.
"Yours is sooner"

My eyes widen as I hear the voice again.

"Amelia!" My mom snaps waving her hands infront of my face. "What?!" I yell with my voice cracking.

"Are you okay?" Daniel asks standing beside my bed. "Yeah..why wouldn't I be" I sigh looking up.