1.MONDAY - TREE HILL HIGH SCHOOL - TREE HILL, NORTH CAROLINA 11 AM - Mia POV

I parked my jeep and looked at the school. It's small. This entire town is small. I've driven around it twice already. I sighed and got out. I know this school. I've read the book a thousand times, but I honestly never thought I'd be here. Especially not for this. I walked into the school's gym and looked around. People were here with their parents, some with there's schools teachers. I saw the table with the sign that read R through V.

I looked around as I made my way to the table. I saw some people from New York, New Jersey, Connecticut, and New Hampshire looking at me. I guess they're surprised I'm here. They shouldn't be.

"Name," I looked at the woman. Brown hair, lightly tanned skin, brown eyes.

"Evelyn, Evelyn Strauss," I said.

"What school are you're from?" she asked.

"The Beacon School, New York," I said not really caring about her, just wanting to get this over with.

"So it's true, the bitch is back," the teacher looked up shocked, I just smiled.

"I didn't die, so why wouldn't I be here," I said never turning to look at her.

"Maybe, because he'll be here," she said a bit disgustedly.

"Then he'll just have to deal with my presence," I stated, I looked at the teacher, "Am I checked in yet?"

"Yes," she said.

"So, where's Mrs. Calloway," she asked as I turned around and took a few steps towards her. I rolled my eyes in disgust.

"My mom never changed her last name and never will. Lindsay Strauss will never be Mrs. Calloway. Don't disgust me," I said. I heard a cough and turned around.

"You're mom is Lindsay Strauss?" she asked and I nodded.

"Book didn't get published?" I asked with a hint of sadness and sarcasm in my voice, "Don't feel bad, I probably am the one who denied it." I turned back around and looked at her Daisy Barnes. My only real competition. She's a bitch and we used to hate each other, but now we have a mutual respect for one another.

"Fly down here?" she asked. I shook my head.

"Drove, my mom will be here tomorrow and when this thing is over, we're going to drive back up and look at Universities; George Washington, John Hopkins, Drexel, Princeton, and Vanderbilt."

"Damn," she said and I nodded. "Ivy League."

"You know it," I stated as we walked around the school.

As we walked around the school we made eye contact with every high school student we passed. It's a technique, make eye contact, show everyone you're not afraid, you're confident, and make them undermine themselves. I learned this after a few months of doing debate in middle school. I never realized, but countless people do it every day especially in business and in my mom's office. A look that is given to make you second guess your choice, make you think what you are saying is wrong. A look, eye contact, a firm hand shake, setting up your tools correctly in a short amount of time, and that's all it takes. When we were done staking out the competition and comparing schedules, we left. We didn't need to be here at all.

We went to a small diner and ate some food. She then left to go work with her group. I left and drove to the community college. I went into the library and began to study, to work. I looked through books, through newspaper articles, laws, and accords. I looked through history and research papers. I made copies of everything I could find. I looked over the information in my hotel room and read over my speech. I then went to sleep.