23. 6pm - Tree Hill, North Carolina- Karen's Café

Lucas POV

"Dad," AJ said. We all looked towards the door.

"Dad," Mia stated as she got up and ran to him. She hugged him. Lena and AJ soon got up and followed. The man, hugged them back with his eyes closed kissing each of them on the head. Lindsay stood up looking at him.

"Joseph," Lindsay said, "What are you doing here?"

"Who cares, he's here," Lena stated with a big smile as she looked up at him.

"My little firecracker," he said lifting Lena up carrying her on his shoulder. She hugged him and he just held her.

"God Dad, she's twelve," AJ stated. He laughed and pulled her close to him. He kissed her head again. He then looked at Mia.

"God look at you. My little Galway Girl," he said pulling Mia into a hug again.

"Joseph," Lindsay said getting up.

"I had to see my girls," he said.

"How did you know we were here?" Lindsay asked.

"Barry," he said with a smile.

"We should take you to Freddie's or Bluewater or Sea Witch café and Tiki Bar," Lena stated excitedly.

"W..." I started, but didn't say anything.

"How about first you finish your dinner here and I'll come by tomorrow," He said.

"But you don't know where we live," Lena stated. He bent down to be at eye level with her.

"I'm a super spy, I always know where you are," he said making Lena laugh and hug him again. "Now, listen to your mom, remember your manners, and behave. That's an order."

"Sir yes sir," the girls said and saluted him. He saluted them back and looked at Lindsay. He showed her his phone and she just nodded.

"This is so cool, dads here," Lena said.

"Yup, now Mia can learn to drive properly," I stated. Mia looked at me quickly with a glare, "You know the actual speed limit."

"Sorry, you know last time I drove the speed limit and followed the rules, I died," Mia stated as she started to eat.

"You didn't die, you're here," I stated looking at Mia then to my Mom as she sighed.

"Who told you?" mom asked.

"Wait what? She died," Lucas stated. Zara didn't seem all that surprised. I heard her mutter to Mia that it's not fair both her dads are DILF's.

"Mia read her chart. I mean there right there for anyone to look at," Zara said. Mia looked at Zara with a smile.

"Mia, this isn't funny," Mom stated.

""m sorry," Mia said with a smile looking at Zara. "It's not my fault you think Lucas and my dad are hot. I mean, I didn't create them."

"No, god did. And God very much blessed them," Zara stated.

Everyone laughed a bit and dinner began. I could tell my dad was bothering Lucas. Mia was completely oblivious to it. I wonder what she going to tell him or what he'll tell her. Geesh, I wonder how their therapy session will go. When dinner was over Mia and Zara left together considering Mia is sleeping over Zara's house.

AJ POV

I got in the car with Mom and she drove home.

"Why do you think he's here?" I asked her.

"No idea," mom said.

"I mean its been four years and now he just shows up," I stated.

"He was working," Lena stated defending him.

"I'm aware of why he left, for the fourth time," I stated. I looked out the window and turned my head. It was the woman. The one I told Mia about.

"Everything okay?" mom asked.

"Yeah, it'll be fine," I said. "Just can't wait to hear his excuse this time."

"Hey," mom said taking my hand. "We're in this together and I-I am going to give him a piece of my mind...but he is your dad, and he does love you. We email every two months. I say a lot and he just sends his love like he always does. I send him pictures and he sends back a smiley face and one with heart eyes. He loves you guys; his job is just...it's very complicated."

"He works for the government," Lena stated. "He works in Internation Operations with the FBI."

"He what?" I stated as I turned around to look at her. She gave me an 'are you stupid' face. "Are you serious? I thought he was a diplomat, you said he worked with foreign affairs or something."

"It sort of is, like foreign affairs," mom said as she parked the car. She turned to look at Lena. "You are grounded."

"What," Lena stated.

"You went looking through my file cabinet again. You are not allowed, you know that," mom stated.

"He's literally like a spy," I stated as I got out. We walked to the house and went inside. "No wonder Mia thinks Lucas should have been going on adventures around the world and going on missions. That's what dad does."

My mom sighed, then looked at me.

"I met your dad at a conference," she said.

"He was at a book conference?" I questioned with a raised eyebrow.

"No, an editor, author, and I were at a foreign security conference of sorts in D.C. The author was publishing a Tom Clancy, Dale Brown, Stephen Coonts, Robert Ludlum-esque book. He was working on the sequel already and we thought for it to be a bit more original...we'd go to a conference and he'd speak with people. After two hours I found my way to the bar and met your dad there. He corrected my spelling."

"What'd you spell wrong?" I asked.

"Bivouac." I looked at her, "Its a temporary makeshift camp, with barely any cover...he had taken a peek at my notebook. He then started asking questions and I answered. We went on three dates together and then he was gone for a month, but we kept dating even after. Then we had you and things were good and then things happened and then Lena came along."

"But he's a spy," I said looking at her as I sat down.

"FBI, its completely different...Spies aren't real," she said and walked away. I sighed and Lena came out from the kitchen and sat down.

"Sooo, what do you want to know?" she asked with a smile on her face. I threw my head back confused of everything I've just learned.

"Everything," I muttered.