24. 2pm - Tree Hill, North Carolina- Strauss Home

Authors Note: 

I'm really sorry for the long wait. I work as a paraprofessional with students who have Individualized Education Plans. Since the world had turned upside down (Covid),  I have to work from home. My computer no longer feels like the tool I use to write. It just feels like the tool I use to work and have zoom meetings and google hangout appointments to tutor students. Its been hard for me to get on the computer to write. Writing to me isn't a job, its something I love and something that feels apart of me. Its hard for me to get on the computer, when I have been going on it to work for hours. Hours that I usually spend writing and creating sets and story lines. 

Hope you are all staying safe. Enjoy the update.

Lindsay POV

I looked through the window again. The girls aren't here. I had Brooke pick them up because he's coming. I honestly don't know if I want them to see him or he see them. Mia is still with Zara. Thank god, Zara has a gift for keeping people occupied and having their attention. Zara texted me saying they were going to UNCW baseball game with Jack. Last time Mia went a baseball game was with Joseph. I heard a knock on the door. I quickly walked to the door and opened it. Joseph was standing there with flowers.

 Joseph was standing there with flowers

"Hey, I brought you these. I remembered that you like roses just not red ones, and baby's breath, and marigold and these weird ones, but I can't remember their names," he said and handed them to me.

"Pink and orange marguerite flowers," I said.

"I knew it had an old ladies name," he said as I opened the door wider for him. He walked inside. I closed the door behind me.

"I also like Lotus flowers, Geranamiums," I said.

"And if I recall snow drops, orchids, tulips, lilies, and Boogievellas," he said. I shook my head as I grabbed a vase.

"Bougainvillea's," I corrected I put the flowers in with water.

"I was close," he stated.

"So, why are you here?" I asked. He looked at me with a smirk.

"I can't just want to see my girls," he said. I shook my head and pointed at him.

"No, you usually email or call and say you'll be in town. You didn't even know I lived here."

"I pulled some strings," he said.

"You spoke to Barry," I stated.

"Barry is a Muppet. I pulled on his string," he said with a smile and sat down. He sighed and looked at me. "Mia is smart, like really smart. She got my email somehow and told me everything."

"What do you mean everything," I questioned standing across the island from him.

"Everything, the abuse, the move. The accident... The accident that asshole caused...Hell, Lindsay she died. She was resuscitated at the hospital; she was in the hospital!"