27. 10 am -Tree Hill, North Carolina - Wednesday- TREE HILL HIGH

TRIGGER WARNING: SCHOOL SHOOTING/ LOCK-DOWN

NARRATOR POV

Mia parked her jeep in a guest parking spot. She looked at the school. She didn't miss it at all. How could she miss something that she didn't even take the time to know? Mia had left Tree Hill High as soon as she had joined the school. Not giving it a chance to rub off on her or anything. She looked at the school once more before getting out of her car. She walked in with her head held high going straight to the counselor's office. She checked in, then sat down to wait.

Mia watched as other kids her age were called in. She waited patiently.

"Evelyn Strauss," Mia looked up. She stood up and walked into her counselors office.

"You know you can call me Mia," She explained with a smiled. The counselor Mr. Daniels nodded.

"Alright Mia, you have your English credits, math credits, and science," Mr. Daniels explained. "You're on track to graduate, you will have more credits than needed to graduate."

"So, I can take American Lit, British Lit, and Philosophical issues, as well as Communications, Business, macroeconomics next year?" Mia asked. "I snuck in Music appreciation this semester."

"I see...tell me Mia, how are you liking Middle College?" He asked.

"I like it," Mia answered with a shrug. "I get along fine with the kids who are doing Middle College too. I was actually thinking of taking courses this summer."

"Summer college courses?" Mr. Daniels asked. Mia nodded.

"Yeah, I'll take American lit, British lit, Geology, and pre-calculus algebra," Mia explained. Mr. Daniels nodded. "So, can I?"

"What does your mom say about it?" Mr. Daniels asked Mia.

"She says if I want to that I can, but she also wants me to have fun and I have to make sure it goes with my work schedule," Mia answered. Mr. Daniels looked at her.

"You work?" he asked surprised.

"Yeah, at the bookstore in downtown tree hill," Mia said. "It's great. I love it. I get to read new books before they come out because the store gets like a sample of it, but it's the whole book."

"That's nice, how many hours a week do you work?" he asked. Mia thought for a second.

"Twelve to fifteen hours a week. Four hours every time I go in," Mia explained.

Mia and Mr. Daniels talked some more. He even called her mother to have her on the line. In the end, Mia was only allowed to take three classes. Both literature classes and mathematics. Mia humbly took the offer. She left walking out of the office and down the hall. She walked until she was at the empty classroom. She opened the door.

"Mia, what are you doing here?" Haley Scott asked. Mia looked at her and shook her head.

"Like Lucas didn't tell you," Mia questioned as she sat at a desk.

"He did, I just didn't think you would actually come," Haley said looking at her niece. "The next debate is in two weeks. The subject is the same, should The United States enforce laws to the right to keep and bear arms. You're going to need to write for both the affirmative and the negative. You'll have a lot of reading to do."

"So, I'm in?" Mia asked. Haley nodded. Mia looked behind Haley out the window.

"Mia," Haley said as she grabbed her things.

"Yeah," Mia said looking at her, but noticing the red-headed woman outside of the school.

"We meet in the mornings every Wednesday at 7:30, and after school on Monday and Friday," Haley said.