It's like Santa threw up in here.

fluff ~ Ahkmenrah x reader
enjoy! :)

~ ~ ~

December had arrived. Along with it, the bracingly cold weather in the streets of New York and the cheery Christmas spirit in your father, who had taken to hang the traditionally festive Mistletoe through every doorway in the museum.

You watched him hang the greenery as you chatted with Ahkmenrah about the whole concept.

"Did you have Mistletoe back in Egypt?"

"Oh yes," Ahkmenrah recollected. "Mother would hang it everywhere—similarly just like your father," he joked.

Just then, the box of Mistletoe placed precariously on top of the ladder fell onto the floor with a thud. "Do you need some help?" you asked cautiously.

"No, I'm fine, I just knocked it over," Larry reassured.

"Are you sure?"

He sighed slightly, his cheery disposition wearing down a little. "Yes, Y/N; It's all good."

"Alrighty," you spoke, deciding to stroll around the museum corridors. Ahkmenrah followed behind you.

As you rounded the corner to the foyer, you froze in shock and awe. A very large Christmas tree was placed where Rexy's display was, covered top to bottom with baubles. Colourful lights, strung symmetrically, wrapped their way around the tree as well. The walls and ceiling were draped in tinsel garlands, fairy lights entwined beneath them to look like little twinkling stars shining through.

"It seems he's already done this room," the Pharaoh commented.

"It's like Santa threw up in here..." you quipped. Ahkmenrah quirked his eyebrow at you. "But in a good way...?"

"That's not the only thing he's done," he spoke, his gaze lifting upwards. Your eyes followed in his direction and spotted one of the sprigs of Mistletoe hung directly above you two.

You rolled your eyes a little, starting to smile, and stood next to the Pharaoh. "Well, if it is tradition..." You leaned in, him slowly doing the same.

Your lips touched gingerly, moulding together. You hummed lightly, content, your arms snaking up to his neck and pulling him closer to deepen the kiss. His hands found their way to your waist and held onto you gently, drawing invisible shapes with his thumbs.

As you parted to take a breath, you couldn't help but smile.

"What is it?" he asked, a small smile on his lips as well. You pulled him back in for a hug.

"Merry Christmas, Ahk."

His smile grew as his arms around you tightened.

"Merry Christmas, Y/N."

~ ~ ~

side note: i can practically hear Rami in my head saying Merry Christmas to me and i'm so full of emotions, i

anyways, it's been a while since i did an Ahk x reader so i thought it was high time for another. i'll probably make a longer one soon since this one was a bit on the shorter side, but i hope you enjoyed this little one-shot nonetheless and feel Christmassy and get into the Holiday spirit and stuff :)

i love you guys so much <33
merry christmas and happy holidays!
xoxo

and thanks for reading <33