Trial Day 2 Part 1

DECEMBER 27 7:12 AM
HIGH PROSECUTION'S OFFICE
ROOM 1012

Fredrick was able to book me an appointment with Prosecutor Byrne Faraday. I remember his office being in Room 1012 from one of Father's previous cases. Because of how urgent my case was, he agreed to set my appointment the next morning. Serena dressed me up in a collared, buttoned-up white shirt with a red suit, matching dress shorts, a pair of blue dress shoes with a matching bow tie. It wasn't red velvet, more like cherry red, but it did look nice on me. Certainly different from my usual gray suit, red bow tie and dress shorts.

Dick, of course, followed right behind me as we walked up the stairs. I wasn't ready to take the elevator yet and Dick was very concerned for my well being. I'd rather not face another panic attack. I already had a lot on my mind. Not being allowed to see or defend Father was especially hard. Regardless, I had to do this.

"Are you sure you're ready for this?" Dick asked me with concern.

"I will have to do this at some point," I stated factually, approaching the door.

"Y-You know... you don't have to force yourself," Dick said, sounding defeated. I knew he was only trying to help, but I just turned from him, then knocked on the door.

The door opened and Mr. Faraday answered the door before looking down at me. He smiled gently. He was Father's former opposition, but I like him. He was always nice and let me speak in court when Father was defending a client. Not a lot of Prosecutors do that. Father allows me to assist him, but I'm often ignored by the opposition. It's probably because I'm small and young. (1) Father always tells me that is expected, but I still help him regardless and that always gave me courage.

"Hello there. You must be the Young Edgeworth," the Prosecutor said, holding his hand out to shake mine. I took it.

"Yes, Mr. Faraday. I'd like to testify the case regarding my father," I said.

"Come in, then," the Prosecutor Faraday spoke as Dick and I walked in. The Prosecutor closed the door behind us. "So, which case are we talking here? Is it DL-6 or Rachael Newslayday?"

"Both," I replied, watching Mr.Faraday take a seat in his chair in his office. Dick and I sat in the two chairs across from the desk.

"Alright then, which would you like to start first?"

"I'd like to start with Rachael Newslayday. As you know, she is my mother. I was still inside her, while Prosecutor Debeste tried having her executed. He kidnapped me during DL-6. This is the second time he has threatened my life."

"I see and I understand you didn't contact the police, due to Blaise Debeste's position?"

"That's right."

"These are serious accusations and you are still considered a minor. Your word might not be considered fit, depending on the circumstances." (2)