Trial Day 3 Part 1

DECEMBER 28, 7:30 AM
DISTRICT COURTHOUSE
COURTROOM #6

I made my way to my seat. Even though I am the defendant, because I chose to represent myself, I automatically took the Defense's Seat, while Misty sat in the Assistance's seat. The Defendant's Seat was empty. If there was any good News, it would be that Byrne Faraday would be Prosecuting. (1) The Judge from Manfred Von Karma's Case was taking mine, while a different one took over Blaise's. It made sense. Since Blaise Debeste was the Chief Prosecutor, it was fitting for the Judge of his trial to be a P.I.C. member.

It felt like my first trial all over again. The nerves were coming back to me. Maybe it's because, this time, this trial was about me and something I know I did. The sound of the gavel woke me from my trance.

"This court is now in session for the trial of Gregory Edgeworth!" The Judge announced.

"The Defense is ready, your honor," I replied, trying to calm my nerves.

"The Prosecution is ready, your honor," Prosecutor Faraday said.

"Mr. Edgeworth, have you decided to represent yourself?" The Judge asked.

"A majority of the evidence came from what I have preserved for nine years. Any new evidence given, I've already studied. Regardless, I do have an assistant with me for if I need the extra help," I replied. Misty gave a small smile in response.

"The Prosecution doesn't see a problem. The Defendant has the right to represent himself, if he wishes," Prosecutor Faraday replied.

"You're right. Hm... will the Prosecution start with his opening statement?" The Judge asked.

"Yes," Prosecutor Faraday replied, getting out his written statement. "Gregory Edgeworth has confessed yesterday, during the trial of Prosecutor Manfred Von Karma, of colluding with the murderer of Rachael Newslayday with falsified evidence. Nine years ago, this infamous News Reporter had been indict under falsified evidence for genocide, resulting in her death sentence. According to the Defendant, Chief Prosecutor Blaise Debeste had framed this poor lady and he was an accomplice to falsifying evidence to send Rachael Newslayday to  her fateful death.

"While the defendant cannot be charged for fraud, due to the crime being passed its stature of limitation, he can still be charged for being an accomplice of murder. The fabricated evidence Gregory Edgeworth created against Rachael Newslayday led to her death sentence or murder. Even though she was charged with the Death Penalty, it was orchestrated by the Prosecution by framing Rachael Newslayday. Since Gregory Edgeworth had fabricated the evidence that lead to Rachael Newslayday's sentence, this makes him an accomplice to her murder.

"The Prosecution will lay out the crimes that led to the death of Rachael Newslayday and question the Judge if Gregory Edgeworth should be charged with being an Accomplice of a murder." (2)

"Very well. The Prosecution may continue."