Trial Day 3 Part 2

DECEMBER 28, 8:30 AM
DISTRICT COURTHOUSE
COURTROOM #6

Since there was little time I had left before returning back to court, the new evidence I retained through Manfred's help would not reach me for at least 15-20 minutes. I will have to keep this trial going until the new evidence reaches me.

It wasn't much, but as the saying goes, 'nothing ever truly gets erased.' I don't know anything about this Redd White guy, but he certainly knows his stuff. From what Manfred had told me, Redd White was a powerful businessman that was a victim from the mafia that murdered his father and his football or soccer team in Germany. Through his help, Manfred was able to take down the mafia and uses his power of deep rooted research whenever he's in a bind, though it was often for blackmail. Can't say I'm surprised.

Despite the unorthodoxy behind this, I have to say that I'm impressed. I wouldn't admit it aloud, but I would kill to have an inside man like that. Still, perhaps Manfred and I truly aren't so different. Of course, the inside men I have are former smugglers that are hiding from the very people that are out for our blood. I suppose it is too early to judge if Redd White is any different from the inside men I have contacts with. I do hope to one day gain enough of Manfred's trust for him to tell me, but perhaps that's asking too much. I'm just thankful he doesn't expect that much out of me.

Misty sat in the assistant's seat, taking a deep breath. She seemed a little tired. I couldn't help but worry, especially now that I know the reason why she's tired.

"You don't have to do this, you know," I said quietly.

"No, I want to, for Rachael," Misty assured, showing a small smile.

"Do you think she...?" I asked.

"No. I think that was a one time thing. She has a lot more faith in you than you give her credit for. I think she's more worried about you giving up than anything."

".... do you feel her.... here?" I asked almost fearfully. Rachael, could you be...?

"It's hard to say. She's not as distressed as before and unless her spirit is no farther than five feet, I can't feel her presence. I felt it before, but not much now."

"Strange," I said, furrowing my eyebrows.

"Not really. I think you understand her better than me. Where would you be right now, if roles were reversed?"

"Hm..." I hummed, rubbing my chin as I began to think. Considering the circumstances I'm in, I'm a bit nervous, but I'm not close to quitting like before. If Rachael had my fighting spirit, I would trust she had things under control. Though, I wouldn't be sitting back either, because... "Miles."

"Miles? You think she's at the other trial?"

"That's where I would want to be right now," I stated as Misty smiled, giving me a nod.