Investigation Day 3 Part 3

DECEMBER 27, 4:12 PM
POLICE DEPARTMENT
CRIMINAL AFFAIRS

After having talked with Aunt Jenny, Mr. Von Karma and I made our way to Criminal Affairs at the Police Station. Damon Gant had brought Wendy Oldbag to the Detention Center about thirty or so minutes ago to help with interrogating Father. I knew he was mad at Father, but it was still weird he'd bring Ms. Oldbag with him. (1) She did assist him during Mother's second case. I wonder why Father never introduced me to her.

Once we made it to Criminal Affairs, I saw Mr. Gant there with his usual joyful grin. He laughed, clapping his hands joyfully.

"Hello, Mr. Gant!" I greeted. He seems to be better than before. Him and Father must've worked things out.

"Well, if it isn't Little Worthy and Freddy," Mr. Gant grinned. "How's it swimming?"

"Hmph, we're doing fine. I'm only here to ask Ms. Oldbag some questions," Mr. Von Karma stated.

"Well, aren't you just charming? But, why do you need to talk to me?" Ms. Oldbag asked.

"You were the one who witnessed Miles flying or falling – I might add – and you have witnessed the two kidnappers. Am I right?"

"Yes, but I certainly don't know their names. Besides, isn't that case over?"

"There's still a lot of questions regarding the two kidnappers and I have reason to believe it is connected to this case. You saw them and, as you said, if you were to see them, you'd recognize them. It was Blaise Debeste that kidnapped young Miles and I have reason to believe it is related to something much bigger than a simple hostage situation, especially considering Debeste did find out Miles was Gregory's son after the first trial," Mr. Von Karma replied, not missing a beat or forgetting to snap his finger during the last half of the last sentence.

"I can see your point. Greggy certainly found himself in a heap of trouble. It's the least I can do. Ask away."

"First, is there anything else you can tell me that had happened during the incident of the Earthquake? You chased the two children for... perhaps six or seven hours?"

"Oh, it wasn't that long. I only work part time. I clocked in at 4:30 sharp," Ms. Oldbag replied.

"How long was it before you saw my friends?" I asked.

"35 minutes."

"A 35 minute gap. Did you see anything during that time?" Mr. Von Karma asked.

"Nothing much. I was looking for Greggy. I did hear that Blaise guy talking with some people. There was a lot of shouting, though I couldn't understand any of it."

"What was it about?"

"Don't know. I didn't pay attention. I've never liked that guy, so I never bothered."