Gregory's Trial Day 3

DECEMBER 28, 9:00 AM
DISTRICT COURTHOUSE
COURTROOM # 6

It was only a short time, but I was able to prepare Chief to give out his testimony. During this time, I looked over the new evidence Miles gave to me from Manfred. It was the new evidence he received from Redd White. As the saying goes, nothing ever truly gets erased. It was a copy of what Chief faxed to me a month during Rachael's trial. It read as follows:

"To: Chief Detective Gregory Edgeworth

From: Defense Attorney Robert Hammond

Date: 09/16/XXXX

Message:

The video footage you handed me is showing static. I also cannot read the lips of the woman on camera. Are you sure this is the right copy? Perhaps you should run this by Mrs. Debeste and see if it can be fixed. Also, you might want to consider putting Misty Fey and Jennifer Newslayday on the stand. They are the alibis of my client and I want to crack this case. I know you don't like being bothered, but please reconsider. Please? For our sake."

For now, this is nothing more than just the Defense Attorney faxing the Detective about evidence, but I'm certain it will become useful later on in the trial. I just need an opening. I trust Prosecutor Faraday will provide me that opening. First though, I'm going to need Chief to talk.

The gavel slammed as the Judge declared, "it's time to continue the trial of Gregory Edgeworth!"

"The Defense is ready!" I stated.

"The Prosecution is ready!" Prosecutor Faraday stated.

"Is your witness ready, Mr. Edgeworth?" The Judge asked.

"He is. The bailiff was able to retrieve Mr. Hammond and Blaise Debeste has someone to defend him at the moment, while the witness is here," I said.

"Very well. You may call your witness."

"I call Robert Hammond to the stand!"

Chief stood from the Witness Bench, then moved to the Witness Stand. He wasn't happy about doing this, but he was certainly willing. He also seemed to understand my situation needed testimony from him. Hopefully, he won't start acting difficult like in the lobby. I know he wants to protect me and there's no telling what is on his mind right now.

"State your name and occupation, if you please," Prosecutor Faraday said.

"Robert Hammond, Defense Attorney at the Grossberg Law Offices," Chief introduced.

"The Defense had brought up the possibility of collusion between you and the Detective of the Rachael Newslayday's case... more specifically, the Defendant," the Judge stated.

"... that was an exaggeration. He most likely said that to drag me here from my client's trial," Chief replied.