chapter 16 fanfic 9 ch 2

Bold=dagur reading.
-----------------------------------------------------------
Issa: ok now i have brought a guest with me.
Then the doors opened.
?????: hello.
Hiccup: dagur?!
Issa: dagur would you like to read and before you ask everyone i told dagur.
Then dagur grabbed the book,sat on one of the empty beanbags and began reading.

 chapter 2: Going Berserk On A Berserker

Everyone paled as dagur looked confused.

Hiccup watched as the Chief of the Berserkers Tribe raised his crossbow. They had tracked Toothless to the edge of the cliff and now they had him trapped, as Toothless couldn't fly. Hiccup was honestly surprised Dagur hadn't wondered why he hadn't flown away, but the man wasn't named Dagur the Deranged for nothing.

Hiccup heard Toothless's cry of panic as his back legs hit the edge of the cliff, he needed to stop this, and quick, even if it revealed the truth about him, Toothless, and the whole of Berk.

"Okay, that's it," Hiccup spoke up in a firm tone. "I am not going to let you kill that dragon."

Dagur's shoulders slump in exasperation, sometimes Hiccup could be a real downer.

"This again?" Dagur asked. "Fine. You saw it first, you can take home a wing or something."

"No, I'm pretty much going to take the whole thing." Hiccup said quickly before giving out his dragon cry, calling Toothless.

Dagur quickly turned around with a shocked look upon his face, before he was forced to turn back around by Hiccup's roar. Toothless leaped from the rock and landed in front of Hiccup. It was then that Dagur noticed what was on the dragon's back.

"Is that a-"

"A saddle?" Hiccup asked, finishing Dagur's thought as he stepped in front of Toothless. "Yes, Dagur, that's exactly what it is."

Hiccup then hopped onto Toothless's back, hooking his metal leg into the pedal that controlled Toothless's tail fin.

"So I was-"

"Right all along." Hiccup finished for Dagur again. "We do not hunt dragons on Berk. We ride them."

Hiccup turned Toothless to face Dagur, the dragon's wings spread out for dramatic effect.

"Your father lied to me!" Dagur said angrily as he stalked closer to Hiccup and Toothless. "YOU lied to me!"

"He was trying to keep the peace between our tribes." Hiccup explained calmly. "So was I."

"By making a fool, out of ME!" Dagur yells.

"You don't really need a lot of help with that Dagur." Hiccup says, not able to help himself.

Dagur steps forward with his fist raised, trying to attack Hiccup, but Toothless roars at him, getting him to back off a bit.

"Your move." Hiccup says, knowing that Dagur couldn't beat them.

"You could have been my brother Hiccup." Dagur says, sounding a bit sad. "Now, you're my enemy."

"Have it you way." Hiccup said, not all that sorry he wasn't Dagur's brother. "But remember, we have the dragons, and we're not afraid to use them."

The dragons cheered as hiccup was happy at the same time dagur noticed the chain but decided not to question it.

Dagur turns his back to Hiccup, disappointed and not wanting to see him on the dragon.