CH-4

The next morning Annika was busy checking the arrangements of the sangeet that was to take place in the evening. She was dressed in a sleeveless peach anarkali ,her hair in a messy bun with few stray strands on her face. Her kohled eyes made her look really pretty.
"Bhaiya aise ghoorna acchi baat nahi hoti. It looks creepy" rudra startled shivaay who was busy admiring Annika.
"I wasn't doing that rudra "
"Koi nahi bhaiya hota hai hota hai" rudra walked away grinning.
Irritated by the interruption shivaay walked towards where om and Siddharth stood having some random conversations.
About two hours later everyone had dispersed to their rooms but Annika was still engrossed in her work. The poor girl looked tired and famished but she continued doing her work.
Stubborn girl shivaay thought to himself and walked towards her.
Annika was checking the decorations and while moving backwards so as to get a better view her back hit something hard. The familiar smell of his cologne hit her nostrils. She knew it was him. To prevent her from falling shivaay had his arms locked around her waist engulfing her in a back hug.
They stood like that for a few minutes inhaling each other's scents.
"Shivaay" annika's voice broke the  moment and she quickly moved away from his hold.
The moment had grown awkward.
Shivaay cleared his throat " Annika you have been working continuously since the morning. You weren't even there at the breakfast table which means you haven't eaten anything since the morning. Now eat something and rest for a while."
"Shivaay there's a lot of work left. This is more important right now. I'll eat later" Annika spoke tensed
"Annika nothing is more important than you. Get it . And the decorations look amazing. The work will be completed on time. It's my guarantee." Shivaay spoke in a soft voice holding her hand.
Annika couldn't deny him and so she agreed.
Shivaay made her sit on the table and ordered food for her. Annika couldn't help but smile seeing him so concerned for her. He was no longer the arrogant man who had humiliated her for not having a surname. He had changed and for some unknown reason Annika wished to be the reason of that change. Annika knew it was crazy of her to think like that because he was The shivaay Singh oberoi. He would probably never even think of her as a close friend and here she was developing feelings for him.
"Annika" shivaay called her name bringing her back to reality.
She was surprised to see the table laiden with all her favorite food items. She looked at him and the adorable smile he gave in return warmed her heart. It took a moment for her to realise the fact that shivaay knew everything about her likes and dislikes and another to come back from her thoughts. Too confused and overwhelmed she started eating and it was then that she realised how much she needed it.
After a hearty meal she decided to go back to the venue not before Thanking shivaay. She was about to go when shivaay held her hand and slowly made her face him. They were so close to each other that they could feel each other's breath on their faces. Annika's breaths grew deep thinking about what was going to happen making shivaay turned on when he very delicately rubbed the corner of her mouth with a tissue. It was then Annika realised that he had probably wiped the food stuck near her mouth. Her cheeks grew red and warm. They were still standing really close to each other when the clattering sound of a vessel made them jump away from each other. Giving each other awkward smiles they walked in the opposite directions.
There were only 3 hours left for the sangeet and shivaay and Annika had to do the final rehearsal. Everyone was done but since Annika was terribly busy she and shivaay were left.
Shivaay was waiting for her in the ballroom. His face formed a smile thinking about her. He was a man who valued Naam,khoon,khandaan more than anyone else but Annika changed his perspective long back. He liked her and wanted to be in her company whenever possible. He was behaving like a teenager. He loved to see her smile but not more than being the reason for it. Suddenly her turned around and saw her walking towards him.
"Annika"
"Billuji apko kaise pata Chala ki Mai hu?"
"Bas pata chal jaata hai" shivaay's answer made her blush. Oh god why was she blushing in front of him.
"Annika shall we?" Shivaay asked her forwarding his hand.
Annika slipped her hand in his. They started the rehearsal. It was something magical. They were drowned in each other's eyes throughout. It was only when they heard rudra Calling them they let go of each other and went to their rooms without uttering a single word.
"Inko Kya hua?" Rudra asked himself.
"Kuch to hua hai" om winked at rudra.
Praying to the lords above that shivaay and Annika soon realize their feelings the two brothers walked towards their rooms.
It was evening and guests had started arriving for the sangeet. The oberoi family were all laughing and chatting with each other. Shivaay was standing with omru when suddenly rudra called Annika's name. Shivaay turned around and his breath hitched upon seeing her. She was dressed in a pastel pink colored lehenga paired with an off shoulder blouse making her waist visible. Her hair were tied in a messy bun with little flowers on it. She looked stunning. Sensing shivaay's constant gaze on her Annika blushed.
"Wow Didi you look so pretty"
"Thank you rudra" Annika spoke with a smile.
Soon it was time for the performances. Annika was fidgeting with her dupatta while she stood in a corner. She was a bit nervous for the dance. There were so many people and on top of that she was dancing with shivaay. She was now regretting this decision of hers.
Shivaay was watching her all this while. Her Expressions totally gave away what she was feeling. He walked towards her.
"Annika I know you are a bit nervous. But it's just a dance. Don't stress so much. We'll be fine" shivaay assured her.
"Billuji what if I forget the steps or what if I fall from the stage. It'll be so embarrassing"
"Shhhhh Annika. Relax. I'm there with you. I'll not let anything happen to you. Trust me" shivaay's tone made Annika feel a bit better.
"Now come on. Let's kill it" shivaay spoke holding her hand in his and she gave him a full blown smile which made his heart flutter.
Shivika's performance brought a smile on everyone's faces. The entire oberoi family was clapping and hooting during their dance.
"Oh my mata Annika shivaay tum dono ne Kya khidkitodh performance Diya hai. "
Pinki spoke doing the gesture for warding off evil eyes.
"Oh my God shivaay and Annika you guys were too good. Also thank you for this performance" Mallika hugged both of them.
"Chalo guys ab bohot baatein ho gayi. Let's have dinner" Siddharth spoke while leading them to the lawn outside where the food was being served.
Annika was about to leave when she heard shivaay Calling her name.
"Annika... Act.. actually y..you look khidkitodh khoobsurat today" shivaay spoke rubbing the back of his neck sheepishly.
"Thank you billuji" Annika's face looked like a bright red tomato.
"Now shall we ?"
Both of them walked towards where the others were present with smiles not leaving their faces.

----------------------------------------------------------
This might appear as a filler chapter but I wanted to show things gradually developing between them.
Also a very happy new year to everyone ❤️❤️❤️