CH-11

Annika stirred in her sleep when she felt something around her waist. She could smell his cologne. Jeez! Was she dreaming about him ? She slowly opened her eyes and was surprised to find herself snuggling into him. Her palms were on his chest while her head was buried in the crook of his neck. Slowly coming out of the position she looked at him intently. She chuckled at her fate silently. The more she tried to run away from him , the more destiny brought them close.

She noticed how his arm was around her waist while the other one was supporting the back of  her head so that she doesn't strain her neck. Why did he have to be so caring?
"Thinking about me ?" She heard him speaking huskily. His hair were disheveled yet he looked so handsome.
Seeing her perplexed, he chuckled and planted a kiss on her forehead.
"Good morning Annika "
"Good morning shivaay" Annika spoke as if in a trance. Suddenly moments from last night flashed in front of her. Those women talking about her relationship with shivaay , her break down and the thoughts afterwards. She had to distance herself from shivaay but how was she supposed to do it ? There wasn't a single moment when he wasn't with her.
Her eyes teared up at the mere thought of losing him.

Shivaay knew something was bothering her. Slowly cupping her face he moved the strat strands of hair behind her ear.
"You want to talk Annika ?"
After pausing for a few minutes and gathering herself Annika spoke
"Shivaay what if someday you feel what you have for me is mere attraction and just because how good of a person you are, you never tell me the truth and compromise for the sake of this relationship ?"
"Annika..."
"Shivaay let me speak please. " She pleaded to which he nodded silently.

Taking a deep breath Annika began
"Shivaay all I'm trying to say is you deserve better than me. I mean you deserve someone who is as educated as you are, someone who isn't clumsy but sophisticated and poised. Someone who is of your status. Think about it shivaay. You deserve so much better...I.."

"Enough Annika!!" Shivaay's loud voice clearly failed to conceal the anger in him.
"How can you decide that who do I deserve ?" His eyes were now red with anger which scared Annika. Noticing her flinch he closed his eyes and regained his composure.

Slowly taking her hands in his he began " Annika listen to me carefully.  You are the only woman who has my heart and will always have. I love the way you talk , the way you make those animated faces , the way you smile , the way you laugh. All of it. I love you for who you are Annika.
You make me feel things I haven't felt ever. You make me laugh Annika. You make me happy. When I think about our future together my heart explodes with happiness. I want us to grow old together, care for each other , love each other , spend time , have morning coffee together, go to work together, raise our kids together.
I want to experience all this with you Annika. Together!"

"Do you understand?" Shivaay spoke as if to bring her out of her thoughts.

"You.. yy..you l.. love me ?"

"Yes Annika I do. I love you. I wanted to confess it to you at a better point of time but I guess it had to be like this" he replied with a faint smile.
Slowly walking to him she flung her arms around his waist and buried her face in the crook of his neck. Shivaay wound his arms around her torso and caressed her back planting soft kisses all over her hair.

"Annika always remember one thing. You need to stop being so worried. You are perfect the way you are. You are my khidkitodh Annika who can easily make everyone fall in love with her." He spoke earning a chuckle from her .
Parting from the hug Annika cupped his face and planted a kiss on his forehead and then on his cheeks.
"Shivaay I'm sorry for all of this. It's just too overwhelming for me. All of this is actually. I Never thought I could be Happy too. I wasn't able to process all this. But you've been so patient with me the entire time. Thank you so much" she spoke kissing his knuckles.

"Well, I could get used to those kisses " shivaay spoke winking at her and she smacked his arm playfully.

"Come on now get ready for breakfast. I'll see you in half an hour"

Annika nodded at him and saw his retreating figure. As soon as he was out of her room she sighed thanking the gods for giving her shivaay. This man deserved all the love and tonight she would tell him what he meant to her.