CH-23

3 months later....

Shivaay's project was successfully completed and he was in the news for the same. The project was a big asset to the oberoi industries and had increased the net worth of the company by manifolds. Shivaay was super elated due to this but more because he was finally going back home where his people were. He and Annika had talked everyday on video calls without fail and this period without each other and taught them a lot of things.

They realized as much as it was difficult to stay away from each other they needed this gap as it was important to strengthen their relationship. Living together was a necessity now and shivaay could not wait. With a smile etched across his face he boarded his flight to Mumbai .

Annika was super happy that he was finally coming back. She had missed him so much. Sahil had gone to his friend's home to play. She had tried calling shivaay but his phone was out of reach. Maybe he was in some meeting
Shivaay hadn't informed her that he was coming today and had asked the family to not tell her too. He wanted to surprise her.

Since it was a Sunday and Annika had literally nothing to do she sat on the sofa and switched on the tv. Suddenly the bell rang. She wondered who could it be that too on a Sunday afternoon. Quickly she opened the door and the sight before her rendered her speechless. Her jaw dropped to the floor and She rubbed her eyes to check if she was hallucinating but the figure was still present in front of her.

"Hello sweetheart" shivaay spoke with a grin.

"Y..you ? Are you here for real ?"

"Well yes. Check if you don't believe"

Annika poked his arm with her finger to check if she wasn't dreaming.

"Ouchhh" shivaay fake cried.

"OHMYGOD SHIVAAAY" Annika squealed in happiness and jumped in his arms. He had to balance himself otherwise both of them would have fallen on the ground, such was the force of the hug. Smiling he wrapped his arms around her waist and sighed.
He was home finally.

"Annika I suggest we continue our romance inside. I don't want the neighbors seeing us"

Annika chuckled and parted from the hug. She let him inside and locked the door. She brought a glass of water for him which he gulped in one go. Not being able to control herself she hugged him again and buried her face in his chest. Shivaay nuzzled his face into her hair breathing her scent. Oh god how much he had missed this.

"Annika by the way I am back permanently " he spoke still in the hug.

"I know " came annika's muffled voice

Parting from the hug she cupped his face and kissed his forehead, then his eyes , then his nose and finally slammed her lips on his. Shivaay was taken by surprise but he responded quickly and let her dominate the kiss. Her fingers tousled his hair while shivaay's one hand held her waist securely and the other was Tangled in her hair. The kiss which started as soft and tender soon turned into wild and passionate. Shivaay felt something wet on his cheeks and parted from the kiss
She was crying with a smile on her face. Wiping his tears he nodded in a no and kissed her forehead.

"Okay now listen to me Annika I should be going back to oberoi mansion. Everyone must be waiting for me and there is a party today evening. So" he walked past her and retrieved a packet from his suitcase " and I want you to wear this. I'll send Khanna to pick you up in the evening . Be ready. Okay ?"

She nodded in a yes.

Soon it was evening and Annika was almost ready for the party. She had worn a gorgeous teal colored gown that accentuated her curves perfectly. Her hair were curled. She had done smoky eyes and her lips were adorned with a nude lipstick. She looked like a goddess. The door bell rang and she was greeted by Khanna.

Annika reached the oberoi mansion but couldn't find anyone from the family. She entered the living area and was a bit puzzled to find it pitch dark. She thought there was a party but how come without any lights ? Suddenly the fairy lights of the room were switched on. Annika was awestruck seeing it. She walked a few more steps when a spotlight fell on her. Annika's heart was hammering rapidly inside her ribcage and she was suddenly very nervous.

Suddenly there was another spotlight and she noticed a figure under it. His back was faced towards her and it took her no time to guess who it was. He turned around and walked  towards her in slow steps. She noticed how handsome he looked. He wore a black tuxedo with a teal colored shirt.Gently holding her hand he kneeled down earning a gasp from her.

"Annika I don't know if you are ready for this right now but I could not wait anymore. These six months away from you made me realize that i cannot live a second without you. You rule my heart and my life. I have never felt in such a way for anyone before in my life. Annika I love you for the woman you are. You amaze me in so many ways and I can't help but think how lucky I am to have you in my life. Every relationship has its shares of ups and downs and even ours would have but I promise to never leave you Annika. I will be there with you till my last breath. I will love you , cherish you forever.

Will you marry me ?" His eyes were glistening with tears by now. Annika too was a crying mess. She wasn't able to form words. Quickly making him stand she kissed him with all her might. Breaking apart from the kiss
Shivaay said " you still haven't replied Annika " with a smug smile on his face.

"Yes yes yes shivaay yes" she answered with tears threatening to spill out of her eyes.
Her answer brought a huge smile to his face and he engulfed her in a bone crushing hug. Suddenly the lights went on and Annika heard the sounds of hoots and claps. Surprised she looked around to find the entire family along with Sahil standing there with smiles on their faces.

"Annika Didi how was the surprise?" Rudra asked her excitedly.

"Ekdum khidkitodh"

"Chalo finally I will get my bahu now" pinki spoke making everyone laugh. She walked towards Annika and caressed her hair lovingly.
"If billu troubles you inform me , Mai dekh lungi ise"

"Moooommmmmm" shivaay whined like a baby.

Annika's eyes welled with tears seeing how everyone was so loving and adoring. Shivaay noticed her wiping her tears
"Mom see you made her cry"

"Areyyy Annika " pinki took her in a warm hug and patted her back softly. She could feel Annika sobbing lightly.

"Beta why are you crying ? "

"I got a bit emotional nothing else. Tears of happiness" she spoke with a childlike glee making everyone laugh.

"Okay guys no more emotional talks let's dance" rudra dragged everyone to the dance floor and took charge of the DJ.

Shivaay had wound his arms around annika's waist and both continued to stare into each other's eyes with love.

"Shivaay this feels like a dream"

"But this is our reality Annika. I cannot wait to get married to you"

"Me too shivaay me too" she answered softly and rested her head on his chest.

Finally they were one and together. Their love overcame all the obstacles and they were ready to start a new phase in their life ❤️

----------------------------------------------------------

Finally this book comes to an end. This book is my first proper story on this app and I never thought it will get such great response. A huge thank you to all of you who have been there throughout ❤️

Ps- I might give some bonus chapters later but not right now.