T W E L V E

Alexa

"Your cousin is Blake of all people?" Michael demanded, glaring at Jackson. "You didn't bother to mention this when he was bullying Alexa?"

I was breathing rapidly, suddenly fearful. Tears were leaking from my eyes which is kind of an over reaction, I'll admit. But it was probably from the sudden sickening pain in my stomach. Or I'm just that upset Blake is here. This was supposed to be a fun weekend. But now Blake and whatever friend he brought were here. I wonder if I could escape through Jackson's window, I thought, staring at it.

The door creaked open and my eyes widened, my face paling. The boys tensed up beside me as we all stared at the door. I clutched my stomach, feeling as if I was going to puke — but then the pain subsided a little when I saw that it was Blake and Ethan. My hands trembled. They both looked surprised to see me. Well, the feeling's mutual.

"What are you doing here, Lexi?" Blake questioned, incredulously.

"Woah, time out!" Michael held up his hands. "I'm not allowed to call her Lexi, so you aren't either."

I sat down on Jackson's bed, my eyes not looking away from Blake and Ethan. Ugh, why did it hurt more when when I sat? Honestly, why does life decide to make every miserable thing that could possibly happen actually happen to me?

Jackson sat back on his bed, next to me. Michael stood there, his arms crossed. Both Blake and Ethan seemed unbothered, though Ethan wore a smirk on his face.

"We're not going to do anything," Ethan claimed. "Plus, I only ever pull her hair; I don't actually do anything more."

Well, that's true, but hair pulling still hurts —- but that seems nothing compared to my stomach pains right at the moment. Maybe I'm gassy. As for the hair pulling.... Maybe I should cut my hair or something. Maybe I should shave it off, then he won't be able to pull on it ever again.

Blake nodded in agreement. "We're not stupid," he said.

"I beg to differ," Michael muttered.

"What was that, you punk?" Blake demanded.

"Oh, and you're deaf, too," Michael said.

Jackson and Ethan was having a silent stare off, making me rather uncomfortable.

"Can you guys stop, please?" I questioned, talking to all four of them. They're getting on my nerves. I'm very irritated with their bickering.

Everyone stared at me. Maybe the annoyance was evident on my voice.

"Fine." Jackson sighed. "How about a movie?"

Everyone agreed.

I joined them after I threw up in the bathroom —- which I didn't tell them about. Too mortifying.

***

Zach

When I came home, my stupid step sister wasn't home. Maybe she ran away or... killed herself. Nah... probably. Whatever. She's not my problem. She's probably being miserable else where.

Ryder, Jason, Justin and Cameron were home as well and they didn't seem too concerned about Alexa's whereabouts. They simply started playing some games. Until Cameron realized something.

"What if Alexa is with her little boyfriend?" Cameron asked.

"What boyfriend?" I demanded. I may not like her, I hate her actually, so why did I want to rip this random kid's face off?

"Oh." Ryder snapped his fingers. "A guy came over the other day for Alexa. I didn't really care, but I think he's a stalker. Alexa seemed confused on how he knew where she lived."