T H I R T Y - O N E

Alexa

At the end of the day, I walked home, feelings of anxiety written all over my face, my stomach bubbling with nerves. What should I expect when I get to my house? Hurt and pain and suffering? And Ethan and Blake are coming over to hang out with Ryder, which would make things even more unbearable and torturous.

I walked into the house, not seeing anyone just yet, which I was thankful For. I glanced around nervously, expecting some kind of pop up. I think that I do have enough time to go to my bedroom, before Ryder and my other bullies arrive.

The door creaked open.

Or not....

I whirled around to see Ryder with Blake and Ethan trailing behind him. Oh, crap. Crap. Crap. Crap. A million times crap. I hate my pathetic life. I hate it, I hate it, I hate it. A part of me was hoping that Ethan was lying when he told me that he and Blake was coming over today, but I guess he wasn't... unfortunately.

Fuck my pathetic fucking life, bro.

"Oh, the brat's home," Ryder said, seemingly annoyed, rolling his eyes and crossing his arms over his chest.

And you have eyes, congratulations.

I didn't say that, of course. That would have granted me an early grave. Just then, Ethan pulled out a cookie... From where, I could not say, but I think it was a chocolate chip cookie.

Although I find it very, very extremely weird how Ethan hasn't been bothering me as much as he used it, but since I'm not a complete moron, I'm just not going to remind him to be mean to me. I'm just glad he's not being such a bitch to me right now.

Blake, on the other hand, is still as much of a jerk as Ryder. I hate all three of them, even if Ethan just flat out ignored me all together, I'll still need one hundred apologies and a song written especially for me before I gave out my forgiveness.

It's a tall order, but I don't care.

"Hey, Lexi," Blake said with his trademark sadistic smirk he always wore, which by the way, I wanted to slap it right off of his face, but that will probably not end well for me.

"Only one person is allowed to call me Lexi, so can you please stop?" I demanded. I'm so sick and tired of being called Lexi by anyone that's not Andrew, especially from Blake, my fucking bully.

"I'll call you whatever the fuck I want," Blake said, a scowl now gracing his face. "Who is this so called person that's allowed to call you Lexi, hm? Are they imaginary?"

Ryder snorted. "Good one, Blake."

It really wasn't.

"No, not imaginary," I said with crossed arms, annoyance written all over my face. "I have homework to do, so I'll be going." Actually I want to sleep, but this fact will remain unknown to them.

"Alexa," Ethan called, just as I turned around. I tilted my head, raising an eyebrow. What the hell does he want. "Hello! Hi, um, yeah, I haven't really been pulling your hair lately, and that's because I found someone else to pick on. It's not because I grew a conscience."

"Wait, who?" Blake questioned.

I sighed. I really don't want to have to deal with them. Though, I should just be thankful none of them tried to hurt me yet. But I should quickly make my departure.

"Well... bye than..." I said awkwardly, as if waiting for someone to stop me, but when no one did, I began walking, as they sat on the couch to play some video games.

This is weird... They're just... ignoring me?

I mean, I'm not complaining, but this is honestly so weird.

***

What.

The.

Actual.

Fuck.

Cameron is as lying on my bed as comfy as can be once again. Does he like my bed or something? Why the hell is he in here for the second time? This better not be a recurring thing.

"Why..." I gestured around the bedroom, hoping he caught what I was so very clearly putting down.

If he did, he did not let on.

"Where were you this weekend?" Cameron asked me, not bothering to tell me what he was doing.

"None of your business," I said before I could stop myself. I bit my lip, but he made no sudden movements that meant he was about to attack me.

"Don't sass me, young lady," Cameron said, causing me to roll my eyes. What is he, a grandpa? "Were you with Mitchell and I forgot the other two names?"

"You clearly forgot the first one too," I said.  "His name is Michael, not Mitchell."

"As if that matters," Cameron said. "But you did not answer my question. Were you?"

I sighed heavily. "No," I answered. "Get out."

"That's not very nice, Lex," Cameron pouted. Oh, fab, another nickname.

"I try not to be nice," I said. "I am tired and therefore want to take a nap, but you are hogging my bed."

"Aw, Lex, I'm your big stepbrother, you can just sleep here with me," Cameron said.

Oh my god, that sounds so wrong. I need holy water pronto!

"No," I said. "Good bye."

Cameron pouted again. "Fine, but before I go, where were you this weekend?"

Oh, he's still on about that?

"I'll tell you if you stand just at my doorway." I put on a fake smile.

Cameron shrugged, standing up. "Fine, if I must," he said.

Once he was out of my bedroom, just standing at the doorway, my smile turned real.

"I was at the other side of the nonexistent magical rainbow," I told Cameron, before slamming the door in his face, and putting my light desk in front of the door, so he couldn't reopen it."I'mma sleep now!"

"Hey!" Cameron protested from the other side of the door, but I simply crawled into my bed and went to sleep peacefully.