F O R T Y - O N E

Alexa

Having friends have made my miserable existence so much better, I almost didn't care about my dad's awful treatment of me. Just having these guys by my side was enough. As long as I have them, then I'm on cloud nine.

Together, the four of us walked down the hall to our history class, the class that we have together. No one dared to bother me. Not with a Jackson glaring at everyone. Not with Michael's arm on my head (I don't know why, I just roll with it). Not with Elliot's scary and threatening yet at the same time, calm demeanor.

We were left undisturbed.

"Alexa!"

Never mind.

On sinc, the four of us turned around (it was epic) to see Ryder, Ethan and Blake walking over to us. Ryder was the one to have called my name. I groaned. Elliot crossed his arms. Jackson glared some more. And Michael rolled his eyes.

"Let's pretend we don't see them," Michael whispered in my ear.

"We can hear you," Ethan said, munching on some chips. He didn't have them a second ago?!?!?!?!

"Oh," Michael said, and then leaned over in my ear. "Run."

"What—"

"Because I love you, I insist you run."

"You what—"

"Ruuuuuuun," Michael stretched out in a very loud whisper.

"I—"

"How about we all just walk away?" Elliot suggested. "And Michael, I'm seriously considering putting you in classes on whispering."

"But I'm an awesome whisperer!" Michael claimed, sticking his tongue out rather childishly.

"No, you're really not, Mikey," Jackson said in an annoyed tone.

Okay, but seriously, that nickname is adorable.

Ryder, Blake and Ethan were simply watching our little exchange, seemingly unimpressed. When we realized that they were just there staring at us, We just stared at each other, only hearing the sounds of Ethan crunching down on chips.

"Anyway, Lexi—"

Ryder elbowed Blake.

Blake stared at him.

Ryder stared back.

Ethan continues to eat chips.

"What?" Blake demanded. "Am I not allowed to call her that anymore?"

"Not if she doesn't like it!" Ryder says back. "We're supposed to be nice, remember?"

"I didn't insult her once today! Doesn't that count for something?" Blake questioned.

"Call her Alexa," Ryder insisted.

"Ugh, fine!"

"Do you guys want chips?" Ethan interrupted, holding out the bag toward Blake and Ryder.

"No!" they both shouted, glaring at him.

They paused. Ethan blinked.

"Actually, I do," Blake said, taking some chips.

"Yeah, me too," Ryder said, also taking some chips from Ethan.

This time, Elliot, Jackson, Michael and I were the ones watching their exchange — though we probably should have took that time to sneak away. Too late now, though.

"So, um, we're gonna go to class..." Michael said.

"Oh, we'll go too!" Ryder said. "We all have the same period. How convenient is that?"

"Too convenient," Jackson muttered.

I nodded in agreement. "It feels like whoever decided to put all of you in my class couldn't figure out if they like me or hate me," I said thoughtfully.

"Weird," Michael said.

The warning bell went off, even though it felt like it was more than five minutes.

"Great, let's go!" Blake grinned.

"We're not friends!" Jackson shouted after Blake, Ryder and Ethan as they began walking.

"Maybe not, but they are in our class," Elliot said with a shrug.

In other words, we had no choice but to trail behind them.

***

Ryder

I don't think I'm making any progress. Alexa and her bodyguards (or whatever) paid no more attention to us when we entered Mr. Haynes's class. They took their seats, but at least we sit in front of them, right? So we sat down, too.

I turned around and waved at Alexa. She stared at me in response. Well, okay then. I turned back around, facing forward. How am I supposed to get through to Alexa? She's as complicated and hard to figure out as an old fashioned computer!

"What're you thinking about?" Blake asked me, leaning over, while Ethan wasn't paying any kind to us currently.

"Just stuff," I replied. "Also, you're in my personal space."

Blake rolled his eyes. "Hey, guess what?"

"What?"

"My mom is pregnant," Blake said. "Soon, I'm not going to be an only child. I dunno how to feel, though."

"Oh. Do you want a sibling?" I asked.

"Not really," Blake answered. "I like having no siblings. But you have what, four?"

"Six," I corrected, thinking about Alexa and the baby that hasn't been born just yet. "Do you know the gender yet?"

"No. Maybe I'll get lucky and Mom'll have a miscarriage."

Damn.

"I hope you get a sister," I grinned.

Blake looked at me as if I exploded. "....I can't believe you."

"What?"

"I had no idea you liked little children in that way." Blake looked horrified.

I felt horrified when I realized what he was getting at. My face went hot. "I-I just m-meant that if you have a sister, and I have a brother, then maybe they could date in the future! T-t-that's all I meant, I swear! I mean, it wouldn't really work if either of them are gay... or if you have a brother, then hopefully they'll both be gay... or best friends, but it'd be neat, right?"

Blake just listened to my rambling. "Wow, they haven't even been born yet and you're shipping them."

"...What's shipping? Like, from Amazon? Why would I ship them?"

"You're hopeless," was all Blake said.

Mr. Haynes started teaching, leaving me to my thoughts. I gotta find out how to make Alexa happy enough to stay, but I have no clue on how.

I heard laughing from behind me, only to realize that it was Alexa. They make her happy, I thought with a heavy sigh. Maybe I am hopeless.

I'll figure something out.

Maybe.

Probably not.

But I'm sure my brothers will!

But probably not.

Now I'm speaking for no reason.

I'm gonna end the chapter here.

Bye, Wattpad readers!

I gotta stop doing that, sorryyyy. I just wasn't sure what to do hehe. Anyway, you guys wanted a Ryder POV so here ya go :)

Also thank you so much for every read, comment and vote. I remember just having 1K views and I can't believe I have almost 90K now. Thank you SM.

And a special thanks to Kay for convincing me to finish this story after having only two chapters for almost a year. We wouldn't even be on chapter 47 if not for you, so don't think I forgot.

❤️❤️❤️