F O R T Y - T H R E E

Alexa

Apparently I do have time for this.

As in, I wasn't given a choice, so I don't know why Cameron asked me, instead of just demanding me to hang out with him and his brothers. I really don't want to, I'm sorry.

Michael needs me. He helped me at my lowest, and now it's my turn to help him. But that's kind of difficult when my step brothers are forcing me to hang out with them.

Currently, I sat in between the twins in the backseat, Ryder in the left middle seat, Zach in the driver's seat, and Cameron in the passenger's side.

I really don't know how they were able to get me here.

I crossed my arms, a rather annoyed look on my face, but I don't know if I should open my mouth to complain. I mean, I don't want to get hit again, so I simply pursed my lips, wanting to get into contact with Michael.

He needs a friend...

"Alexa, are you okay?" Justin asked, snapping me out of my thoughts.

No, you practically kidnapped me.

But I don't say that.

"Yes," I answered, uncrossing my arms slightly. "Erm, where are we going?"

"The skating rink," Zach answered from the from seat. "Do you like to skate?"

"I've never been skating before," I admitted truthfully.

"It's fun!" Cameron grinned. "You'll love it."

"I'm sure I will," I muttered. I don't want to have fun if Michael is being miserable somewhere else. He's suppose to smile. This doesn't feel right.

Why did Jackson even have that reaction? Does he seriously not like me as much as it appeared? If so, I really don't want to be the one to break their strong friendship. Maybe I should leave their group, and Michael and Jackson can go back to being friends, without yelling at Elliot for no reason in a fit of rage.

"We're here!" Justin nudged me, snapping me out of my thoughts again.

"Okay."

Zach

I payed for our skates. Alexa was in the back of the pack, looking uncomfortable, as she glanced at all of the surrounding people. I handed her her skates first. She gave a small thank you, and put the skates on her feet.

Oh, and the others also got skates, but whatever.

"Do you need help?" I offered to Alexa, stretching out my hand. She's never skated before, after all.

She looked at my hand. "No," she said firmly, standing up, and immediately began wobbling. She also fell right over, except Cameron quickly came over and grabbed her arms to balance her. "Thank you," Alexa said, breathing a sigh of relief.

"Here, I'll help you," Cameron said, grabbing her hand. "Is that okay?"

Alexa nodded. "Thank you," she repeated.

"No problem, sis."

Alexa glanced down, almost shyly. And then they skated off. She said no to me... I thought. I mean, yeah, I never actually apologized, but I thought that we had gotten past that. I guess not, though.

"Oof, rejected," Jason muttered with a smirk as he, Justin and Ryder skated past me.

Yes, thank you so much, Ryder. Truly appreciated. I cannot live without your daily input. Note the sarcasm.

***

Skating was fun. I even saw Alexa smiling from time to time, though she fell on her butt quite a bit — but Ryder fell even more than she did, so since he's skated more times than her, I'll probably make fun of him later.