The Storm

The weather was extremely bad today for some reason with heavy rains, floods have occupied the roads. There were even lighting strikes that could be heard from all around. Even the wild, stray dogs have stopped burking from the fear of the storm.

A couple walked hand in hand and reached a big mansion. The were stopped by the doormen/security guards. They were not given entry to the mansion. Even after pleading the guards, the couple were not led in. At that moment, three cars came in and the guards opened the gate immediately and let the cars pass but closed the gate shut right after.

The cars stopped before the main entry to the house and two guards from the front and back cars immediately stepped out of their cars and ran toward the middle car. When they were near the car, one guard opened the door while the other opened an umbrella and held it high towards the sky. Just then, a man stepped out of the car with his right foot 🦶 first.

Looking at his figure, anyone would  fall for him at first glance, he was that handsome. He was tall and had great body proportions. He was really well built. He looked dashing with his all black outfit. He was wearing a black button down shirt with few buttons opened, black trousers and black shoes to match his outfit.

The moment he got out, he signaled the doorman to come over and he came running, then the man asked,

The man: who are the people outside?

Doorman: m...my lord, th...they are a couple seeking for some shelter from the storm.  (He didn't make any eye contact and looked towards the ground. One could tell from the sound of the doorman's voice that he was hesitating to speak and was obviously afraid).

The man: bring them here now. (The man said it with a stern voice)

The doorman immediately ran back to the gate and brought the couple to him.

The wife was crying and holding onto her husband for support. The man looked at the couple and observed that the woman was pregnant. He furiously looked at the doorman and said,

The man: when you saw her condition, why didn't you let her in? (He was really angry)

The doorman was newly hired so he didn't know much and taught it was best to not let anyone unknown in to the mansion in the fear of loosing his job. He was really scared and froze there when his lord spoke.

The wife: sir, please don't blame him, he was just doing his job.

At that moment she winced in pain. She looked  at her husband and said, it's time. The husband didn't know what to do. It was raining heavily outside and they don't even have a place to take shelter. The man knew that the baby will arrive soon. He told them to follow him inside and they listened.

The wife was crying in labor pain. Her water broke. There was no doctor around and the husband was worried. He didn't know what to do. If it went on like this, then he would lose both his wife and child. The man didn't have a choice, he decided to help them. He had his servants bring the necessary supplies and took the task in his own hands.

He was going to help deliver the baby. The couple were shocked and the husband asked,

The husband: are you a doctor, sir?

The man nodded a no in response.

The couple looked at one another and didn't know what to do.

The man: look here, I would have had my people drive you to the hospital, but in this condition, it would be difficult to reach there on time. The baby must come out now. If you care about your wife's safety, you would let me do my work. (He said it when looking at the husband and the husband knew they didn't have much time and agreed with him).

Precap: a baby girl is born

I am trying something new in this story, I hope you all like it and please give it a read. Best regards - K 🤗