A glimpse into the past part 1

Let's take a look back at 300 years ago, let's go back to the place where the journey has first began, unknown to most, life can take a complete 360° turn, but for now,

The screams of a baby could be heard from behind the door. Just then the midwife opened the door and came outside to inform about the birth of a baby girl. Yes, a mother just gave birth to a beautiful baby girl. Everyone in the village gathered around to see her with smiles across their faces. After all she was the first child of the village head and the first child born in the village after 7 years.

A 7 years old little boy came running with his school uniform and backpack on. He was eager to meet the baby. He has been waiting for the arrival of the baby since he has heard of the news nearly 9 months ago. Then a worried man or should I say the village head stopped him from going inside.

Village head: Rakshit (little boy's name), don't run, you will get hurt. Let's go together and see her.

Rakshit: ok..ok uncle (village head), let's go.

They held hands and went inside to see the baby. Rakshit then let go of his hands and ran towards the baby's mother and gave her a big hug.

The mother: oh Rakshit, your here. Do you want to see her?

Rakshit: (jumping up in excitement) yes...yes, please let me see her.

The mother then made Rakshit sit on the bed and put the baby in his lap. The baby was crying ever since her birth, but as soon as he held her, she immediately stopped crying. She was now smiling. He started caressing her chubby cheeks and held her tiny fingers too. Both of their hands were tiny, yet her hands fit into his hands as if it's the remaining piece of the jigsaw puzzle. Everyone around them were happy to see them like this.

Rakshit: (happily) aunty...aunty (baby's mother), she's really beautiful. She has big eyes like yours and look, her hands are so tiny.

Aunty: yes Rakshit, she is beautiful and her hands are tiny because she was just born. It will grow with time like yours.

Rakshit: oh ok.

Aunty: by the way Rakshit, do you want to name her?

Rakshit: (looking at aunty) really, can I?

Aunty: of course, you can after all she's gonna be your wife.

Rakshit: really...just like you and uncle?

Aunty: (holding uncle's hands) yes, just like us.

Rakshit: oh wow 🥰, she's gonna be my wife. Then when can I marry her? Wait she can't talk now, can she?

Uncle: silly Rakshit, how can she talk right now, she's only born today. And you can only marry her when you both grow up. Now let's think of a name for her as your aunty feeds her. The baby must be hungry right?

Rakshit: yes of course, aunty you can take her back and I will pick a name for her.

Aunty took the baby back and fed her, while Rakshit excitedly remembered something. He said,

Rakshit: aunty, uncle, I know her name. Let's call her Drishti. I learned this word today at school which means to see. And she has pretty eyes so it's the perfect name for her. Right?

Aunty and uncle both looked at him with smiles and said in unison,

Aunty+uncle: yes son, it's the perfect name for her.

Just like that the baby girl was named Drishti. And the journey of Rakshit and Drishti began. Rakshit protected and took care of Drishti just like his name meant he became her savior. Both knew that one day they will get married, even without having a fixed marriage, they had a connection. Both couldn't stay away from each other for too long. But what they didn't realize, the nightmare which has been kept a secret from them, came to face them.

Precap: a glimpsed into the past part 2

Thank you for reading - K