20 years leap

Priya's thoughts:

It's been exactly 20 years since that faithful day. The one and only day when I was actually afraid of dying. But not because I was afraid for myself but for my child. My daughter that I had carried in my womb for 38 weeks. I had always thought that if only the storm didn't start, we could have reached the hospital in a taxi and would have delivered her there. But call it luck or destiny that brought us on the streets with no shelter. If it wasn't for that man, I would have lost my daughter with myself.

We have been blessed with everything. You name it, money, power, recognition; we have everything but what matters most to us is our child who came to our life as a miracle. The day she first came into our lives, everything changed for us. My husband's business has bloomed and he's the second best business man in the world and my daughter is the number one business woman in the world. As they say the father and daughter duo. No one can beat them as long as they work together. What else could I have asked for? I was happy to be a wife and a mother yet I received much more.

For all the previous 19 birthdays we held for her, I always told her about him. The man who gave her life. I have been thankful for all that he did for us, yet when we went back to the mansion a few days later to thank him properly, we didn't see him. It's as if he had disappeared into thin air. I mean literally, we asked around the neighborhood, yet no one has seen him. Matter of fact, no one has ever heard of him. It's like he never existed.

The mansion was completely different compared to when we were there that night. The guards were changed, and even the owner was different. My husband and I couldn't understand anything. As I was thinking about that man, my thoughts were broken when I heard the guests and everyone present in the party sing the happy birthday song. When my husband looked over at me, he knew what I was thinking so not to make him worry, I too joined in with everyone. Yes, it's her birthday. She turns exactly 20 years today. My only daughter, the apple of our eyes, my Drishti, is now so grown and mature for her age.

END OF THOUGHTS

All the guests sang, the happy birthday song and Drishti cut the cake. She fed the first piece to Priya and the second to Prem. She gave them both a hug. She was very happy. She never liked parties yet her parents would always throw a lavish party for people to come and wish her. It's as if to tell the world that for her, they could do anything and money was never an issue.

Drishti: momma dadda, thank you both for everything. (She said it with tears forming in her eyes)

Prem and Priya both hugged her again. They couldn't see tears in her eyes. Just then a girl, came and covered her eyes with her hands and hugged her from the back.

The girl cleared her throat and said, "guess who am I?" Drishti put her hands over the girl's hands and said "Divi, my jaan (life), your hear? How?" She then turned and hugged her excitedly. Prem and Priya stood there with smiles in their faces. The girl was none other than Drishti's best friend Divya Malhotra whom she considers a sister and she too feels the same. Divya grew up with Drishti due to her parents who were always away from home they were more like sisters then best friends.

The Khannas and Malhotras were close friends, therefore, whenever, Divya's parents were away, she stayed with the Khannas. To be honest, she spend more time here then her own home. Both Prem and Priya also considered her as their own daughter. Drishti and Divya, both cannot live too far away from each other but due to a business deal, Divya went to Bali for a week. Both missed each other and were happy to see each other again.

Divya: my jaan, you have forgotten about me already, huh? (making a sad face)

Drishti: (holding her hands) of course not my jaan, I have missed you.

They both hugged each other again. Then Divya went and hugged Prem and Priya. Both went and greeted the guests and spend some time speaking to them. Just like that the party ended marking the end of 19 years of Drishti's life and the start of her 20th.

Precap: London business trip

Thank you for reading. Also guys, I love your comments and votes, it really makes my day while night right now, but anyways. Some of you have been commenting on the big age difference of the two main characters but please be patient, it may not be what you think. Best regards always - K