Meet Mr. Mehra

Rakshit's POV

What the hell have you done Shikhar? How am I supposed to be a 50 years old man now? Why did you have to go and accept his request? I began shouting at Shikhar after what seemed like a stressful year talking to Drishti's father. I know he's not at fault entirely as he came to my rescue. I remembered him very well, Drishti's father, and seeing him in front of me brought back memories. Who knew the person I always wanted to stay away from was actually born in my hands.

That time, I wasn't sure who she was but her touch reminded me of MY DRISHTI and the only name that popped up on my head was Drishti. I have encountered countless man and women and to think that the only name that I could come up with is Drishti. I wasn't surprised though and why wouldn't I you may ask? Well I know for a fact that she was meant to be mine as much as I am hers. I waited so long to meet her. Spent countless and sleepless nights while trying to stop my mind and my poor heart from thinking about her. But this heart that beats for her and her only didn't stop. It reminded me of her last words that "we will meet again" and we did.

Now that we are together, why did we have to face another problem? Why can't the heavens and the earth just let us be in peace? Why can't we just leave in peace? I don't know what to do. Everyday while working together for the past 2 weeks, we have gotten closer together. She's getting to know me better while I can always predict her next move. She's the same Drishti that I had fallen for. I love her more and more. It's always so hard to keep away from her. When at the end of the day we have to go back to our respective homes, I can't leave her. I just can't stay away from her.

Now that it has been 2 weeks and I cannot lie to her anymore. I am convinced that she can read me like an open book too. Lying to her face is not what I had originally planned. Her father every now and then pops up at the office trying to talk to me and to ask about the meeting with my dad who is none other than me. And hearing Drishti tell me about the stories her parents told her about the old me, I am left with no choice but to do as Shikhar states. One of many stunts that Shikhar has pulled, this being the most dangerous and crazy for sure.

So I pulled out my phone and before I called her, I looked at my screensaver of her picture, I am smiling like a dork. Who could ever imagine that a 300+ years old man could be turned on by a mere picture? Well I didn't. Anyways so I called Drishti to tell her that Dad who is me wants to meet her family tomorrow for dinner.

PHONE CONVERSATION:

Rakshit: hey sweetheart, what are you doing?

Drishti: (blushing) umm nothing, just lying in bed and looking at the ceiling.

Rakshit: and what are you thinking about while doing nothing???

Drishti: just thinking about everything that's happened so far. Can you imagine how a small world we live in. I mean how could anyone have every predicted that your dad will help deliver my mother and I would be born. Than our meeting and this.

Rakshit: This ha? So you were lying in bed and thinking about me. That's not good sweetheart.

Drishti: RAKSHIT...

Rakshit: (smirking) yes sweetheart, my ears are still working fine you know, but I wouldn't mind hearing you scream my name.

Drishti: (embarrassed) stop it....

Rakshit: but I haven't done anything yet.

.......... (Drishti was to embarrassed to respond back so she hangs up the phone) Rakshit dials back and she answers.

Rakshit: hi there sweetheart, can you please not hang up on me this time. We can talk about what I have or have not done later as I have something important to say.

(He tells her about his father going to meet them tomorrow for dinner if that's ok with her family and she accepts)

The whole day was spend in office and Drishti left for her home. After about 2 hours, it's 8 pm and a car rolls around her home. Hearing the bell ring, Drishti runs to open the door. She welcomes Shikhar and he introduces her to his father, Mr. Rakshit Mehra. There stood a tall middle aged man in all black Armani formal attire with some of his shirt buttons undone. His hair combed back and he had slightly long beard with both having a touch of grey in them.

He had thin transparent spectacles on, but his eyes could easily be seen. And they looked fierce, yet gentle at the same time as one could easily get devoured by them. He had a smirk on his face as Drishti observed him. Nothing else besides his eyes was out of the ordinary. He looked like any other normal middle aged man, yet Drishti felt a familiarity with him. Something that she only feels with one other person. HER RAKSHIT. Then why him???