Please stay!!!

Note: I am going to use Mr. M for Rakshit's older self Mr. Rakshit Mehra when he's speaking....

—————————————————————

As Drishti stood confused, with a slight smirk on his face, Rakshit opps I mean Mr. Mehra said,

Mr. M: nice to meet you Drishti, I am Rakshit and Shikhar's father. Now won't you invite us in??

There was no way Rakshit aka Mr. Mehra was going to call her beti (daughter) which would be very weird as he's in love with her. Rakshit restrained himself from running to her and taking her in his embrace in the hopes that the plan goes well.

Leaving behind her thoughts, she invited them in and let them to the living room. Leaning towards Shikhar, she whispered...

Drishti: hey where's your brother? Isn't he coming?

Shikhar: umm bhabi, he's gone out of town after work today. It was an emergency meeting so I am sure he forgot to let you know. But don't worry 😉 he will call.

Drishti: really 😔

Shikhar: don't miss him too much now, you'll see him soon 😉

Lightly pinching his arm, she says "badmash."

Not soon after Prem and Priya descended down the stairs. Prem almost ran to Mr. Mehra and gave him a hug with slight tears in his eyes. Mr. Mehra was taken aback with his gesture.

Prem: I am so happy to meet you again Mr. Mehra. You have no idea how many times we tried to find you. Thank god that Drishti and Rakshit were working together, we finally got the chance to meet you again.

Priya: as exactly Prem said, we couldn't thank you enough and receiving this marriage proposal from your side, we couldn't be anymore happier.

Drishti had forgotten all about her marriage proposal with Rakshit as she got more busy with work and he never mentioned about it either. Hearing her parents talk about it now, a blush pulled up on her face. Without her knowledge, Mr. Mehra hearing about the proposal, he looked towards her and seeing her embarrassed, he smiled.

Now following his gaze, everyone looked at Drishti and with all eyes on her, she felt more embarrassed and left towards her room. All chuckled seeing her blushing.

Mr. M: (in his slightly changed yet the same husky voice) I am sorry but some things came up and I had to leave India. And there's no need to thank me, I did what I felt was right.

Prem: of course but we can't forget the fact that you saved my wife and my daughter's life.

Instead of saying anything further, he just nodded with a smile. In the meantime, Priya has left to get dinner ready.

Prem: how about we talk about the marriage proposal?

Mr. M: what would you like to talk about? I mean if your concerned about your daughter's safety than I promise you, Rakshit will never let her shed a tear.

Prem: oh no Mr. Mehra, please don't get me wrong. I know you and I have met and spoke to Rakshit a couple of times, he seems like a genuine and kind man. I just wanted to know how we should proceed with the wedding? Should we call a pandit and get a date for the wedding?

There was a moment of silence, Rakshit was thinking. He was over the moon of course with the suggestion, yet he was concerned. There's so much she doesn't know about him and he's yet to till her the truth also the fear of losing her again is still there.

Seeing him in deep thoughts, Shikhar spoke,

Shikhar: uncle, we will be happy to proceed with the wedding. Of course, you can go ahead and fix a date.

Prem: but son, your father...

Shikhar: oh don't worry about him. He's just thinking of bhai that he's not here right now.

Mr. M: (putting his hand on Shikhar's shoulder) yes of course, I was just thinking of Rakshit. It would be best if you spoke to your daughter too.

Prem: I think I know her answer already but as you said, I will talk to her.

A few minutes later, Priya called them over for dinner and all ate. During dinner though, Mr. Mehra stole glances of Drishti and she saw that but she didn't think too much of it.

Later it was time to leave, but Prem and Priya insisted that they stay for couple of days.

Prem: why don't you both stay for few days if you don't mind? We can talk to the pandit tomorrow and discuss about the wedding too.

Mr. M: no no please we don't want to trouble you both any further. We don't have our belongings here too.

Priya: of course not. It would be our pleasure and it will be able to easier to proceed with the marriage rituals as well.

Prem: as for your things, for tonight I can lend you both my clothes and tomorrow Shikhar could bring your stuff here. Right son?

Looking at Shikhar, and feeling helpless with their pleading, he decided to stay more like dug up his grave even before he got married.