Their conversation in the car...

While in the car, Rakshit was looking worried and there was complete silence. Drishti decided to first speak to him,

Drishti: (looking at him) Mr. Shergill, what are you doing? Why did you take me away like that? What will everyone think about us now?

Rakshit didn't say anything, he was only concentrating on driving and was getting faster than the speed limit. He was even overtaking the cars in the front. He didn't care about anything else. He needed to make sure she was ok and to do that he needed to take her to the hospital.

Drishti called him by Mr. Shergill couple of times but he didn't response, so she said "Rakshit" in a loud voice and he looked at her. His pain of seeing her hurt was clearly visible in his eyes and she noticed that.

Rakshit: Drishti, can't you take care of yourself? Why do you always have to get hurt in front of me....(just then he realized what he had said and stopped himself from speaking any further when she stirred at him with questionable look)

Drishti: what do you mean, always? We have just met today. (She was confused for sure)

Rakshit: sorry...I...me..ant today. Are you ok? Does it hurt?

She didn't even realize that she was using her other hand to put pressure on her pained hand. She was definitely in pain, and he saw that. He held her hand, which numbed her senses. She didn't feel much pain after that, but just stirred at him driving with one hand and occasionally glancing back at her.

Soon, they reached the hospital and got it checked out. She had sprained it but nothing is broken. It will get better in a day or two. Rakshit was relieved that this time she wasn't severely hurt because of him. After the visit, they got inside Rakshit's car and then Drishti received a call.

Drishti: excuse me, Mr. Shergill. I am gonna take this.

The call was from Divya who heard from Kajol that she was hurt. Worried, she phoned her.

Divya: (angry) what is wrong with you? How can you be so careless? Why haven't you been picking up my phone calls again?

Drishti: (facing the window) I am sorry my jaan, I haven't just been able to pick up your call. I am sorry now don't be mad...

Rakshit looked at her, although he didn't hear who's on the other side of the phone call, he was not happy when she said "my jaan." He thought, she had a boyfriend or worse maybe a fiancé. The person he's been avoiding for the past 20 years is now in front of him. But now she has someone else in her life, he thought.

After speaking to Divya, and making her promise that she not to tell her family about what happened. It wasn't anything major but her parents will get stressed out learning that she got hurt. Then they hung up the phone.

Rakshit: So Ms. Khanna, where can I drop you off?

Drishti: why, aren't we going back to the office? We haven't finished the presentation yet?

Rakshit: (angrily) have you forgotten that you sprained your hand? You need rest, we can discuss about the meeting later.

Reluctantly, she agreed because she knew she couldn't win against him now. And after all that has happened, she is tired.

Rakshit's thoughts:

Why do you never learn? Why do you always care about everything except yourself? What am I going to do with you now that you found me? Do you know how much efforts, I took to change everything and everyone who knew me. I knew I couldn't run away from you not before and not ever. But now that you have someone else in you life, I want to be happy for you but I can't.

After few minutes, they reached Drishti's house. He dropped her off and went back home. The thoughts of her occupied his mind. He was clearly suffering from seeing her like that. The thought of even a small cut in her body, cannot be tolerated by him. He has been seeing her hurt over and over again, never been able to help her but this time knowing she's not too hurt give him a piece of mind. Thinking about her he went to bed, recalling his past.

Precap: a glimpse into the past

Thank you for reading - K