Breakfast + Rakshit's decision

Both were glancing at each other through the mirror, until they heard growling sounds which came from both of their stomachs. Both didn't have breakfast and were hungry.

Rakshit: I should leave.

Drishti held his hand and said,

Drishti: Mr. Shergill, don't go.

Rakshit was surprised and looked back at her.

Drishti: what I meant is please stay and have breakfast with me. You must not have had breakfast yet and I am also starving.

Rakshit: no it's best that I leave.

Drishti: no we are having breakfast together and that's final.

How could he say no to her. But before he could say anything she held his hand and dragged him to the breakfast table. The breakfast table was already set up. Then both set down next to each other. Meaning Drishti was sitting on the head of the table, while Rakshit sat on her right side.

The servants came and served them breakfast and they started eating. The food was amazing,

Rakshit: the food's great and I am sure you didn't make it right?

Drishti: how did you know that I didn't make this?

Rakshit realized what he said and tried to divert it.

Rakshit: oh...um...you are one of the biggest businesswoman in the world, so I imagined having servants around you, you wouldn't cook much. I am sorry, I didn't mean to be offensive.

Drishti: no it's ok and your right, I didn't cook the food. Actually I am extremely bad at cooking so I usually have a cook around who makes the food. My dada also warned everyone here to not let me step into the kitchen.

Rakshit: (laughing) I knew.

Drishti saw him laugh for the first time and kept stirring at him. He noticed that and composed himself.

Drishti: why did you come here Mr. Shergill?

Rakshit: I heard a loud noise through the phone and then the phone cut off, so I thought maybe something happened. I am sorry I didn't mean to barge in like that.

Drishti: oh...sorry when I heard the news, I got up so fast that the chair fell and also my phone died. But thank you for worrying about me Mr. Shergill.

Rakshit: (looking down at his plate) it's nothing. I thought maybe you hurt your hand again that's all.

Drishti: oh I see.

They then finished their breakfast while glancing at each other every now and then. After finishing breakfast, Rakshit was about to leave but Drishti stopped him.

Drishti: Mr. Shergill, why don't you want to partner with us? Wouldn't it be great for both companies to partner together? Then why?

Rakshit was lost for words, he didn't know what to say to her. Obviously he couldn't tell her the truth but he couldn't lie either. Then what can he do?

Rakshit: I decided to work with a friend of mine who's idea was better and so I am not going to partner with the Khannas.

He somehow managed to make an excuse. But Drishti wasn't convinced. She knew her presentation was the best and there's no way, he could find someone else who's better than her. She needed to convince him to give her the deal. Wait, a lot happened yesterday that he didn't even hear the presentation, then how can he say that the presentation wasn't good?, she thought.

Drishti: Mr. Shergill, you haven't even heard the presentation, then how can you say that someone else's idea is better?

Now he was caught red handed, what is he going to do now...

Rakshit pretended that he received a call.

Rakshit: oh really Shikhar, yes I will be there there.

Rakshit then left from there saying,

Rakshit: sorry but I gotta leave. It's an important meeting and thank you for the breakfast.

Before Drishti could say anything, he left.

Drishti then tried to contact him and his office couple of times, but they didn't reply. So she decided to head back to India and speak to her dad.

Precap: let's meet again...

Thank you for reading - K