13: Meet the family

A/N: rewritten due to changes in writing style

Eventually, Jungkook, Hani and the kids parted their different ways.

They were walking through the market – Jungkook's arm around Hani's waist – while, in front of them, the happy bunch discussed about "Alpha stuff", even if Jungkook himself really didn't know what they meant by that. They were curious about his abilities and overall, how was it like to be an Alpha: what duties did he have, was it hard, was it fun, what was it like to have so many people depending on him, did he have to eat a lot of meat to stay strong. Attentively, Jungkook listened to them all and chuckling, he tried to answer to them as best as he could. Hani, too, paid attention to the conversation, since she too was really interested in Jungkook's alphaness. There was still so much she didn't know, after all. Unfortunately, the lively conversation was cut short, once the kid's names echoed throughout the pack. Their parents had spotted them in the midst of the confusion in the market and smiling, they waved their hands in the air, to catch their attention. Excited about the special morning they had shared together, the kids ran off towards their parents' arms; and, without even letting them properly greet them, started telling them all the things they had done and learned that day. Noticing the Alpha and the newly-arrived Luna, the parents walked towards the mates. They bowed to them in respect, thanking them for taking care of their children. Both Jungkook and Hani waved their head side to side, replying that there was no need for thanking them. Ceasing the opportunity, Yeona, giggling, ran towards Hani. Immediately, she wrapped her arms around Hani's legs and the Luna, blushing shyly, bent down to press a gentle kiss to her head.

"I hope we can hang out more, Luna"

Yeona's eyes glowed with enthusiasm and hope as she spoke. Tenderly, Hani fixed her hair and, giving the girl a big smile, promised her that they could hang out whenever she wanted to. The little girl smiled back, eager to spend more time with the Luna; they shared one last hug and then, back to her parents Yeona went. The mates waved them goodbye, observing from afar, how their figures, little by little, disappeared from their sight.

"Shall we go? Lunch is waiting for us"

The Alpha stole Hani's mind from her nostalgia, for she was still glued to the floor, searching for her new friends with her eyes. She turned around to face him and, upon meeting the other's gaze with their own, a smile graced both of their lips. Grinning, he pulled her closer to him and started guiding them through the pack.

"Seems like a good idea." She replied, however, the girl was quick to notice the smirk that grew on the Alpha's face. So, lifting her eyebrow in curiosity, she asked. "What's your little plan?"

"We're having a family lunch" Cheerfully, Jungkook had his arms wide open, and he smiled from ear to ear. "You'll get to meet everyone"

"What do you mean by 'family lunch'?"

Surprised and, slightly frightened at the possibility that was running through her mind, Hani rooted her feet to the ground. The Alpha stopped and stared at her with worry-filled eyes. But, feeling unsure of his assumption, he continued on explaining.

"It's your first lunch at the pack. So, I thought it would be a good idea for you to meet them and just... feel welcomed. It's the boys, which you have already met, and their mates and kids." Suddenly, Hani's heart thundered in her chest. She felt overwhelmed at everything that had happened to her the past few days. I mean, she was in a new place and now, she had to meet new people. Important people, right? That evil machinery in her mind awakened and she was certain that she had heard the engine roaring. All sorts of scenarios and paradigms shifted and turned in her head, exposing her to all sorts of things that were bad. She was tricking herself into believing she couldn't do it. She'd only make an embarrassment out of herself, a mockery. "Are you nervous?"