24: Clashing

A/N: rewritten due to changes in writing style

Hani was awakened by a faint sound of screams. Slowly, tiredly, she opened her eyes; her body was still weak from the day before. The girl was wrapped by the bed's sheets, cocooned protectively around it and an amused smile overtook her lips, once she found a rather familiar pile of pillows next to her.

"Finally awake?"

Hani turned her head around, following the sound of the old man's voice. Jinsang was sitting on a chair next to the bed, a book was opened on his lap and the glasses dangled from the tip of his nose as he smiled at her. Gently, Hani sat in bed, while glancing at the bowl of water, the rags and the herbs that were on the night table. Her whole body felt broken and wobbly as if she had been deconstructed, only to be put back together again and she was, unfortunately, learning how to function with it again. She wasn't sure that made much sense, though. Nevertheless, that's the best way she could describe what she was feeling.

"I was watching over you while your loverboy went downstairs to grab you some food" Speaking rather amusingly, Jinsang closed the book on his lap. With attentive eyes, he read the girl's face and tenderly, he rested his hand on the bed. "Don't worry, you're fine. Just slightly shaken up from everything that happened yesterday."

Hani nodded her head. As per habit, her hand ran through her dark brown hair; however, the tight knots that had formed on her hair, while she slept, made her sigh in complain. She was in Jungkook's dark hoodie, he had changed her from the shirt she had been previously wearing – his, as well – probably, he was worried that she was cold. From afar, Jinsang studied the girl, searching for any significant changes or improvements of her health. He got up, placed the book in the night table and carefully, leaned his body forward towards her. The mark was still sensitive, buzzing itself into life and, at the touch of Jinsang's fingers, Hani's body shook. She winced in pain, once Jinsang pressed his fingers to her neck. It appeared to be bruised, or at least, that's how Hani felt her mark to be. Jinsang had his eyebrows furrowed in concentration and, after a while, pleased with his examination, he retraced his fingers from her skin.

"As expected, the mark is still healing." Calmly, he explained as he sat back down on his chair. He reached for the book and opened it on the page he had stopped on. "The skin around the area of your mark is still sensitive. It might take a few days for you to heal fully. I suggest you to stand by Jungkook's side as much as possible... well, I doubt he'll allow any distance to place itself between you two."

Hani chuckled lightly at the comment, nodding her head at the old man. She sneaked her body from under the covers; the wooden floor was cold under her feet and it caused her skin to tingle. Jinsang observed her from his place while Hani got up, struggling, a bit. The girl's movements were slow, slippery but she had made her mind – she wasn't going to stay the whole day in bed. Afterall, she was hungry, she had to eat something. At that moment, as Hani grasped the doorknob, screams echoed around the house, catching both hers and Jinsang's attention. She turned around to face the old man curiously, wondering if he knew what was the reason behind such a commotion; yet, the old man merely shrugged his shoulders and went back to his reading. Deciding to check it out herself, Hani slowly, carefully, followed the sound. Her head peeked inside the kitchen and a rather comical scene displayed itself in front of her eyes. Jungkook and her father shouted at one another while each of them held a side of a wooden tray that was constantly pulled from one side to the other. Lily and Alec were motionless as they stared at the scene; they both covered their mouth with their hands, attempting to prevent the laughter from escaping their lips. Hani's eyebrows quirked in amusement and a childish grin blossomed on her face, while she approached the two men.

"What is going on?"

Chuckling, the girl's voice interrupted their little tussle. Jungkook and Hani's father immediately froze at the sound of her voice. The Alpha turned his head around hesitantly; his eyes were wide open and his mouth hanged agape, unable to explain to Hani why he was fighting over a tray. He was wearing some dark sweatpants, the ones that matched with the sweatshirt she was wearing. Wildly, his hair spiked to all directions, forming little curls and twirls on the top of his head. Hani's father was perplexed and he stared blankly at his daughter, embarrassed with the childish discussion he was having with the Alpha.