47: Butchery

After realizing that someone had been sneaking into the forest to re-paint with blood the red eyes; The Alpha became unsettled. He went scavenging around his mind for possible answers. Who had done it? How did they entered that forest without Jungkook realizing? Jungkook knew that it had to be someone that was familiar with that territory, someone that already knew about the existence of that place. He truly hoped that it had been a pack member that had escaped many years ago, and still visited this place in order to pay their respects for their fallen Alpha. Yet, it could be someone from that pack whose territory was next to the forest. And if it was them, then the blood on the red eyes was nothing more than a warning, a threat.

"Is everything okay?"

The girl asked as she dropped her pen and gazed at her mate. Jungkook blinked rapidly, for she had awaken him from his thoughts.

"A lot on my mind." He answered as he laid down next to Hani on the grass by the lake. "How are you feeling today? About your mom?"

"I'm fine. I was just..." She closed the notebook and sighed; finding the right words to describe how she was feeling was hard. "overwhelmed, shocked, I don't know. I was aware that she had been a rogue. She entered my grandfather's territory and they took her in since she was my dad's mate. She never mentioned the name of her old pack; I never asked, anyways. However, she always talked about how colorful the place was and how it was filled with all sorts of beauties. Maybe that's why she always loved flowers. I would too if I lived here."

Hani looked down at the piece of paper that was on her lap. Following Jungkook's advice, she had been writing down all the dreams she had and all the information she could remember about her mother.

"She probably ran away when this pack was attacked and ended up with my father" Her eyes found their way to Jungkook's that were attentively watching her "My mom left the True Alphas without knowing her daughter was bound to be mated to one. Destiny is a funny thing, uh?"

Jungkook laughed along with her. His mind reminded him of the thoughts that had haunted him the night before. His eyes landed on her figure, the way she was lovingly smiling at the clouds. So much had changed since they had arrived at that place. So much had been shared with each other. Truthfully, The Alpha was tired of keeping secrets. He had learned that the truth, for as much as it hurt, drove them closer to each other; meanwhile the lies only drove them apart. Jungkook didn't want to push her away. Therefore, he made the decision to tell her exactly what was on his mind.

"The attack in the pack... was not just an attack, Hani" Jungkook started by explaining, his eyes never leaving hers. "They left a message. A symbol. The pack members that were killed, their bodies were..." Jungkook swallowed the lump in his throat, nervous as to what Hani's reaction would be. "They were dismembered. Their heads placed in sticks, their body parts surrounding it. They put this in front of our borders, for all of us to see."

Hani was shocked, frightened. The image that her brain had drawn was gruesome, absolutely terrifying. What scared her the most, however, was that she knew exactly who was capable of doing something as such. Hani hoped that the pack hadn't been attacked because the deal had been cancelled. But, honestly, he wasn't the type of man to wait around for something to happen, nor was he the type to give up. Eventually, he would cause pain to her and all those she cared for – she was certain.

"Me and the boys know who did it. This sort of symbolism is associated with a pack from the northern territory. Their scout group found us remember?" Jungkook was growing more and more nervous as he noticed Hani getting worried and scared. "Last night, I went back to that place with the throne. And, baby, someone had repainted the red eyes with blood. It was still fresh"