Warm fire ch²

My eyes slowly opened as I woke up from my blackout. A sudden rush of pain ran through my body. My head was aching super bad, not to mention the side. I lifted up my hand and touched the wound on my side. The stick that was there before was no longer there. I felt a bit better but not significantly. The pain I felt was horrible. After all, I had to have fallen at least 1,000 meters

I was staring into the dark red ceiling of some room. Where was I? Did I get kidnapped on my first day down here? That's awesome. I didn't feel any handcuffs on my wrists nor legs so I wasn't tied to the bed that was great to know. I slowly sat up on the silk bed. My head was still spinning like I was on a roller coaster. I looked around the room to see if I was alone and indeed yes I was. The room had a slight vanilla smell and the walls were painted a dark shade of red.

I was sitting on a black bed with silk sheets only a few blood stains were on it. It was probably from me. A red light was coming from behind the closed curtains. I couldn't tell if it was day or night. One of my eyes was covered in bandages and my side too. I don't think it would be a good idea to take them off. What should I do? Like I have no idea where I am who lives here or what they want.

My eyes gazed to the side of my vision. On the night table that was standing on the side of the bed was placed a book.
It had a dark cover so I couldn't tell what book it was. I reached my out and grabbed it. I took off the book cover to see the name of it. 'Whose body' wait.. I remember that book. It was written by Dorothy L. Sayers. It is super freaking old! It was published around the 1920s I think. I placed back the book cover and started reading the first chapter.

(Credit for this article to Dorothy L. Sayers. ' Whose Body? ' chapter 1 ")

" "Oh, Damn!" Said lord Peter Wimsey at Piccadilly circus "Hi, driver!"

The taxi man, irritated at receiving this appeal while negotiating the intricacies of turning into Lower Regent Street across the route of a 19 'bus, 38-B and a bicycle, bent and unwilling ear. "

I was interrupted by a pair of footsteps that were coming from the behind the door.

"Oh no."

I quickly and carefully placed the book back and sat back. Just in time as the door opened.

A short demon with blond hair and brown eyes walked in the room

"Hello! "

"Hi?"

Her voice was sweet and sounded kind. My voice was weird and crappy. Like I wouldn't use it in days.

"Where am I? And who are you?"

"My name's Charlie! And you are in a Happy Hotel!"

"Happy hotel?"

"Yes! We redeem demons and help them go to heaven!"

A spark of hope ran through my body

"That's sounds.. great! May I sign up?"

"Of course!"

"If I may ask. how did I get here?"

"Oh? Yes, a coworker of my found you badly injured. You had been out for about 4 days I think ."

"Four days?!"

"Yes. I also took care of your wounds."

I need to think this through. Do I want to go back? Like they already kicked me out I don't even know if they would accept me back. Like I can try it but I am not sure. And even if they did would I be happy there? That place was nothing but misery for me there and when I was here last year for the extermination I kinda liked it here. Wait how would charlie react to me being a fallen angel? Would she be scared? And what would I even do here? Fuck it. I'll just stay here I have no intention of going back. At least Jimmy will still be able to crush me every other Tuesday.