Decision ch ¹⁶

(Y: pov)

I spend my first night up in the treetops Yes, it was very uncomfortable and yes my back really hurts. But at least there was no outside noise and clean air. I felt a little refreshed. well, I almost fell down .. twice but that'ss an unimportant detail.

I was sitting on a high tree branch and watching the sunrise I had a little insomnia last night so I didn't sleep too much. It was a really magnificent sight. There were all kinds of colours reaching from dark deep red to light blue. I haven't seen a sunrise in years. Since heaven is above clouds I haven't seen any sundews or sunrises in my whole afterlife.

It was really nice to see one. After the sun finally rose after maybe hour or two I flew down into the forest. I was hungry as a wolf. I desperately needed food. Any food. Raw or cooked doesn't matter. Any.

My body switched into hunting mode as soon as I hit the ground. I landed quite quietly so sticks beneath me didn't break nor the leaves made any sound.  It was absolutely quiet. Birds were singing but they could be barely heard. They must be far away. There was a stream nearby could hear the water flowing in between the rocks splashing against the sides of the river. This was such a peaceful place. Maybe it wasn't so bad living in hell.
Well, it would be better if I wouldn't be homeless

The river looked astonishing. The water was crystal clear and splashed against the grey rocks. I sat on one of the edges of the river. I tried just to relax and maybe catch some of the fish that swam in the water. The sound of the flowing water between the rocks splashing on the edges. It was peaceful. Just as if I was back in the Eden garden. I was only there for once with my father but that was the last time I saw him. Honestly, I wasn't very close to my father. My mother was closer to me more than he ever was.  But sadly she didn't end up there.  She is somewhere down here but I have no idea where and importantly I don't remember her name. I remember her being really kind but that's all. Well if I am here forever I cant try and find her maybe I will have some luck and ya know to find her. Probably not tho.

I just sat there staring into the water while thinking what's the purpose of life then all of a sudden I heard something behind me. A tree branch crack.

I snapped my head around. Noting was there. Not even a shadow. Nothing.

"That's ... weird. I swear I heard something."

I mumbled under my breath. I swear to Satan himself I have heard something. My eyes narrowed to focus on the shadows behind the trees to see if anything was there. Nothing. absolutely nothing

I turned my head back facing the river in suspicion. Somethings going on.
I just sat there watching the river flow. Such a beautiful place. Its a shame it's here and not on earth. In the corner of my eye, I caught a movement. I slowly turned my head and saw a big fish. It was approximately 4lb and it tried to swim against the water flow. It was salmon. Its scales on its tummy were dark almost black but his back was bright red. It probably was camouflage. Well, the bottom of the river was dark so that explains the black abdomen and the back must be bright red because of the sky? Yeah, that must hide it from the predators flying above. Clever. But not smart enough for me. Not even the camouflage won't save it from my hunger. I was sure it didn't see me because it calmly just swam through the crystal clear water. I made no sudden movements not to scare it off or make it notice me. I definitely did not want that. I was hungry as fuck. As it got closer and closer to the edge of the river and swam perhaps 2 meters away from me.  I slowly stood up and crouched down to the stream. The fish still did not notice my presence.  I took my chance and dig my long claws in between its scales. My mouth watered in the sight of the meal I was about to have. But I kept myself from digging my teeth into its flesh and pulled it out of the water. The salmon was flopping around in my hands trying to get back into the water. But I didn't let it. My nails dig into its surface skin and snapped its spine. The fish imidietly stopped moving and went limp. I licked my lips while looking at my breakfast.

(??? : pov)

I watched that beautiful angel just kill A fish. She must be hungry. I didn't see her eat in a few days. Heh. I wonder if I. Would be able to get close to her personally. Maybe even meet her. I can't even imagine how much power she has! If I would be able to draw out all the power she has I could sell her to Valentino. I bet he would pay anything for an angel. I need to come up with a plan to get her to trust me.
First, off I need to meet her. Let's just wait for the noon then I will approach her and get her to trust me.

(Y/n: pov)

I used some of the fire magic to cook the fish and ate about half of it.  It was too much flesh for me to consume. I threw away the rest of the fish into the river. I felt much better than before. I sat back down on the cold rock beside the river. I just needed some time alone to clear my head. It was some time after noon maybe because the 'sun was right in the middle of the sky just right above my head. I raised my head up and looked straight up into the red sky.  A few birds flew by. 

"So how is it up there? Huh? How are you, big bro?"

I thought out loud. I want to know how did his date end up. Heh. Guess I'll know in 14 years!

"Ah! Hello Darling ~ "

It was a static voice. I snapped my head around to see that men. Honestly, it scared the shit out of me because I expected it to be Alastor. And I was...

A/n

Thanks for reading guys! Just to be sure y'all know.
The name heavenly murders was suggested by PinkLady357 I want to give the credit for the name to them.

And stay tuned for the next chapter!
See ya soon!

Signing off

Vixen