10

Things are getting spicyyyyy, thanks for continuing onto chapter ten!

Comment and vote, happy reading!💛
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Jasmine

My breath hitched in my throat audibly and I quietly tip-toed away from my door, careful not to make any noise. Tears welled up in my eyes and my heart started racing, I'm terrified and I'm not sure if I can make it out of this house alive. I don't have any enemies, who would want to hurt me?

  A few silent tears slipped out of my eyes as I shakily reached for my phone and my keys. I slipped my phone in the pocket of my pajama shorts and fisted the keys so they wouldn't make any noise. I put one key in between my index and middle finger knuckle, in case I get caught I could at least try to harm them. I felt as if my heart pounding was the loudest thing I've ever heard, the more I crept up to the front door the more scared I was.

  I turned over the doorknob, thanking God I didn't lock it after Grayson left. I didn't dare look back, I flung the door open, thanking God once more that dad remembered to have the creaking fixed last summer. I ran outside and let out a choked sob as I ran to Grayson's and flung his door open, not caring one bit about his privacy. He was a few feet in front of me, holding a couple of movies as he looked over at me with a puzzled look. I slammed the door shut behind me and locked every lock he had on it.

  "What's going on, Jasmine, why are you crying?" He asked in a worried tone, dropping the movies and walking over to me. Tears cascaded down my face, I'm not even sure I can talk without it sounding strangled.

  "The-... som-someone.. gun," I cried and he wrapped his arms around me, I sobbed into his chest.

  "Someone has a gun in your house?" He put the pieces together and I nodded as I continued to cry. He pulled away and when I looked up at him, a dark and angry look took over his face, "Stay here and don't follow me. Don't call the authorities either, just wait it out, okay?" My eyes widened as he moved to walk out of the house.  I wiped my eyes quickly and took a deep breath so I could talk clearly. I grabbed his arm and pulled back, "You can't go over there, whoever it is has a gun and could hurt you!"

  He smiled and placed my face in his hands, "Don't you worry about me, beautiful. I can handle my own, but thank you."

  Before I could protest, he turned around and walked out. I looked out of the window and my eyes widened when he raised the back of his shirt and pulled a pistol out. I took my phone out and called Monique. She answered on the third ring.

"Heyyy, girl!" She said in a sing-song voice.

  "Monique," I said frantically and her tone changed quickly.

  "What happened?"

  "I-... I came home and then Grayson came over and we decided to have a movie night with pizza-"

  "That's great! He's super cu-"

  "No, Moe, listen, please. He left to go change and when I went to my room someone was sitting on my bed with a gun," I gulped.

  "I'm coming, I'll be there in like five minutes, are you safe? Did you call 911? What about your dad?"

  "You can't come, I'm at Grayson's. He told me not to call 911 and he went over there with a gun!" I exclaimed, scared for him. She sighed, "I'm still coming. I'll park down a couple of houses, I'll text Kells and let her know what's happening. Nick already went to bed so I'm staying with you tonight."

  "I'm scared, Moe," I said shakily, my eyes fixated on the windows of my house, why did I leave the curtains closed?!

  "You're okay, just take deep breaths. I'm a few streets over, I'll be there soon."

  My eyes widened as a car with a Pizza Hut logo on top of it pulled up, "Oh God! The pizza man is here!"

  "Fuck, uhmmmm... just wave him over, do not fully go out of the house!" She demanded and I nodded although she can't see me. "I don't have any money on me, I forgot my wallet on the counter, ugh. I don't know what to do," I said as I opened the door and looked over at him, waving him down. "I'm pulling up, I got the pizza money," She said and hung up.

  The pizza man walked over to me and smiled, "Enter the wrong address?"

  "Yes, I'm sorry about that!" I said with fake enthusiasm. He smiled politely and took the two pizzas out of the bag, "Two pepperonis and Italian sausages?"

  "Yes, correct," Moe said out of breath as she jogged up to him and gave him a one hundred dollar bill, "Keep the change and leave quick, a party is coming!"

  "Ma'am the total was only seventeen dollars and eighty-nine cents, I can't take this much of a tip," He said in shock and she chuckled, "Then split it with your friends or buy your mama something nice, either way, you gotta go now!"

  He nodded and thanked her quickly before handing me the pizzas and jogging to his car. As he sped off and we walked back inside, a loud gunshot was heard blasting through my house. I gasped and flung Grayson's door open, despite Monique's efforts to stop me. "Jasmine! No!" She yelled at me as I ran to my house and flung the door open, running him. Grayson, please don't be hurt. For the love of God, please don't be hurt.

  I gasped once I found a hooded figure lying on the floor, holding their leg. Grayson was standing over them, looking angry, his gun in his hand to his side. He looked over at me and his expression changed to concern, "Jasmine, leave!"

  "I-I thought..." I trailed off and my eyes widened once I realized that it was Josh who lied on the floor, his leg bleeding profusely.