𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 2 - 𝓚𝓮𝓷𝓷𝔂'𝓼 𝓘𝓭𝓮𝓪

Time skip - 8 years later
Levi's POV

Right now I'm going to Kenny's office to have a meeting about our next battle plan. Lately our troops have been captured or killed by the Richardson's army. Kenny doesn't fight anymore seeing as though he needs to face his duties as king and protect the castle of anything were to happen.

The last town that I was in the battle field was two month ago. I can remember it clear as day. That was the worse battle that I had ever occurred. More soldiers were lost as the enemy got more back up to help them in the war.

I stared down at my hand and sighed. "I am a hurricane and I will bring the storm." Those words constantly replay through my head. The memory of that girl still haunts me till this day. Honestly I could say that I had never been as scared in my life. That was my first time in battle. When I entered it I felt timid and when I left. I was scarred. Mentally and physically. I glanced down at the heart shaped scar embedded in my skin and sighed.

"I wonder when the next battle is going to be..." I said disappointed.

After all of that day dreaming I realised that I had made it to Kenny's office. I knocked three times before I heard a muffled "come in."

"Levi good to see that you arrived on time. Now take a seat we need to discuss our plan if attack on the Richardson's." He said annoyed.

"Good to see you too Uncle. And we shall talk about the next attack." I replied politely but hinted that I wanted to get straight to the point.

"We're planning to assassinate the crowned princess." He states. I look at him in shock not knowing what to say. I knew that he would have some sort of plan to take her out but I didn't expect this.

"Kenny are you mad? Because she's the best fighter in the continent. She may look stupid but she's smart enough to know that we'd plan this..." I replied. She's strong enough to take down an entire army so if we sent in assassins then she would know that something was up.

"Levi I don't think she's that smart... Last time that we both saw her was eight years ago. She wasn't smart then so she won't be smart now. If we eliminate her then we have the advantage to raid the castle and take over. Then we can end this war and get revenge for your Mother!" He said in a bitterly tone. His face had a look of mischief on it. I knew that he would plan to do something to the King but I just didn't know what.

"Eight years have passed but I still remember the words that she said as if it was yesterday..." I said sheepishly.

"Well then If you think you are going to lose to a coward like her then you have another thing coming young man! I won't have you failing this kingdom, and if you do there will be serious consequence's." he shouted.

"Yes kenny I understand I will not fail you."

"Good now get out of my sight." He replied. I just nodded and headed out of the door.

Ever since tat time she announced that she would become stronger Kenny has become more harsh with me. To be honest I wish it would all just stop and I also wish we could also just live in peace. True I want revenge for my Mother but Elena said that she tortured her own Mother to death after committing her crime. I silently thank her for it but I still hold a grudge against the kingdom for the queen even committing such a crime.

That's why this war is still ongoing. Because everyone wants to have their say in what's right. I just want it to stop.  This won't help me get a wife though. I'm nineteen and still don't have a wife, I should've been married when I turned seventeen but unfortunately I had been out on the battlefield fighting for a pointless cause.

I'm a prince.

Not a knight, I shouldn't be doing this sort of thing but unfortunately I don't get a say in what I can and cannot do. Kenny decides all of that. And I hate it...

Night of the assassination

Silence.

That's all we can hear. Currently we are stood outside the large castle walls of the Richardson's castle. I had my troops take out the castle guards. They had to make sure they weren't spotted or else we would be in big trouble. Messing with the Richardsons on the battle field was bad enough never mind being in their castle. Rumour has it that they have twenty highly trained assassins who lerk around the woods to make sure that nobody tries to pass any information that could benefit different kingdoms such as ourselves. Their army also has four hundred thousand men. They were definitely not an army to pick a fight with when you only have two assassins and five guards. 

We took out all the castle guard and kept close to the ground. We spotted a light on in the third floor. I also saw a glimpse of long hair and a female figure. I'm guessing that is where her quarters are.

We snook under the marble balcony and started to climb the vines that were connected to the edges. By the time that we climbed up to the first floor we heard footsteps come from above us. We held into the vines and tried not to make a sound or anything that could blow our cover. All of a sudden we heard talking.

"Fucking bastard. Why can't he just end the war. I'm sick of bloodshed. What more do I have to go through in life. I killed my own Mother out of hatred for what she did to the princes Mother. Now I'm on a battlefield all of the time due to my Father picking a fight with another kingdom." She sighed. So that's why she isn't on the battlefield field fighting me. She's too busy fighting a different kingdom to come and fight us. I thought.

"That's something that I should report to Kenny right away. Petra pass the message back down to Kenny and meet us back here. Be careful not to get spotted" I whispered. I drew my attention back to climbing the vines but then I heard walking and a door shutting. This is our chance. I signalled first the assassins and guards to start climbing. Eventually after a few minutes we reached the balcony.
I climbed onto it and saw...

That's the end of the second chapter people! Hope you enjoyed x