Chapter 40;

Holly's POV

"How are you feeling?"

My mum sat up slightly, wincing in discomfort.

"I've had better days."

Sophia had been and gone, I was only here for an hour or so. We were taking it in turns to visit her, it was a little more difficult for me as I wasn't really dealing with the fact that it was her own fault, she was the reason she's here.

"They're talking about rehab,"

She swallows. "I know."

"Why didn't you tell me? Any of us?" I was keeping my cool, I didn't want to cause a scene.

"I don't have a problem,"

I scoff. "You're an alcoholic."

"No, I'm not."

"That's your problem. You don't accept it."

She looked at me, her eyes red, her skin slightly sunken. "I accept what I did was wrong. I don't accept I have a drinking problem."

"You could have killed someone."

"I know."

"Do you know how sick I felt? How embarrassed I was to have Harry there, to have him hear that my mother was drink driving, his ex was killed in a car crash, did you know that? No, of course you didn't." My voice was raising but I silenced myself, the anger laying in my stomach. "I just can't believe you'd do this."

"I'm sorry-"

"No, I'm sorry. I'm sorry that you're my mother."

She didn't say anything nor did I. I wasn't sure if I'd regret those words later but right now, I couldn't care less.

I stood up grabbing my bag. "I've got to get to work, Sophia should be here soon."

She nods silently, adjusting her bed covers.

"Bye mum,"

- - - -

I sat at my desk in a daze, I wasn't really doing anything, I hadn't really done much all week to be honest with you.

I was sat staring out at London when my phone rang. I saw that it was Harry and answered, hoping he'd be able to brighten my day.

"Hey babe," He chimed.

"Hey you."

"How are you feeling?"

"Better," I smile.

"Good."

"Aren't you at work?" I was so out of it I hadn't noticed he hadn't rushed into my office at all today.

"No babe, I had that meeting.."

Meeting? What meeting?

"Meeting?" I ask cringing, I felt awful for having to ask.

"With the label." He didn't sound annoyed, he understood what was going on with me.

"Of course, I'm so sorry."

"It's okay babe, I know you're not having an easy time right now."

I smile at his kind words. "I'm still sorry."

"Don't be,"

"What are you doing now?"

"I'm going to grab some food and then later you're going to come over, I'll cook for you and then you can congratulate me on the news I have to tell you."

My smile grew wider. "What news?"

"Nu-uh, can't say right now. Come by at six."

"I'll be there,"

"Good. See you,"

"Bye." I smile ending the call, like I said; Harry can always brighten my day.

- - - -

"..So what's the news? I've been dying to hear ever since you told me earlier." I smile cutting into the delicious chicken Harry had prepared.

"Well.." He poured us both some expensive wine, I'm not really into alcohol but if we're celebrating why the hell not. "..I met the guys who came to see me, they introduced me to some other guys at the label. We had a long meeting talking about my music, my sound etcetera. I had to perform two of my own songs, then we talked some more. They then started talking about a record deal, and that if I was granted one I'd have to work so hard in order to get myself recognised. I'd also have to deal with people comparing me to the likes of Justin Bieber so they want more meetings about establishing me and who I am before that is all set in stone."

My jaw dropped. "So you're getting a record deal?"

He smiles. "I've got a couple meetings this week but basically.. yes."

I stand up from the table dropping my knife and fork and sitting in his lap, my arms around his neck.

"That's the best news ever, I'm so proud."

I kiss his lips.

"So,so proud. Well done. I love you."

We both freeze, his arms tightening around my neck.

"You love me?" He leans back, his eyebrows raised, a hint of a smile on his lips.

"I.."

"I love you too." He kisses my lips again for longer. "Thank you for supporting me."

"Thank you for supporting me."

"We're each other's number one fans." He jokes.

"I'm always your number one fan."

He kisses my lips again. "Always."

__________________

A/N:

Posting the cover for the sequel/continuation..