Chapter three

A/N
Hello, and thank you for reading! Sorry I'm a little late and it's a little short! Nonetheless! Hope you enjoy, sorry about any typos in advance, and please tell me what you think! Share the love!

Winter's P.O.V:

The night dragged on as I thought about the next day. When morning finally came, I swear it felt like I never slept at all. I woke up and got dressed. A few of the girls were asleep, but most are at breakfast, which is where I went when I was done. I was hoping not to see Naida or Angel. I don't know if I could deal with them this early.

When I was walking towards the breakfast area, I realized how hungry I really am. Maybe it's stress hunger. With the move, and therapy with Bea, and of course all the drama-

My rambling train if thought was cut off when I ran into a huge brick wall.

Okay, maybe it wasn't a brick wall. And maybe it wasn't that huge, but still. I look up to see the word gorgeous, but as a human.

"Uh-um...sorry...my bad." I somehow manage to get out. I could tell I was gawking, but at this point I didn't care.

"No problem. I should have known you were somewhere off in thought. My name is Alex." He says smoothly. There's a second if silence. Say something Winter! Don't be weird!

"Oh-Um...my name is Winter." More silence. "I haven't seen you around before." He chuckles at my nervousness. Chuckles! I can't believe him!

"Well, if you must know, the authorities finally realized went on behind the curtains, if you know what I mean. They took me away and know I'm here. Which is probably where I'll be for the next four years." He says. That catches my attention. Four years? Does that mean he's...oh my God! He's 14!

"You're 14?" I blurt. He doesn't seem mad, but dang. He's kinda tall for 14. I mean, I know I'm not the tallest person, Naida reminds me of that everyday....Naida. Why did I have to think about he now? Why did I ever think it would, or could, work between us? As I'm thinking about Naida, I see Alex looking at me. Analyzing me.

"You seem unhappy about something Winter, what is it?" He asks, staring me in my eyes. I gulp. What do I tell him? Oh no.

"Um...it's really nothing to worry about." I say, trying to sound convincing, which I thought I was getting better at, but by the look he gave me, I guess he wasn't buying it.

"Liar. What's the matter?" He questions, raising an eyebrow. I don't know what to tell him but the truth.

"So, I liked this girl, right? And we knew each other for the longest time, but she never really noticed me. Like noticed, noticed me, you know? Well we went to this party, kind of together, and we almost kissed but I ruined it. Then after that, we actually kissed, and it was awesome, but then one of her friends from school came up and said that she won the bet. A bet! Can you believe that!?" I tell him a lot more than that, and I probably miss the whole breakfast, but when I'm done he seems to actually understand me.

"So you feel...objectified? Like she used you? And now you want to avoid her because it's too embarrassing to face." He paused long enough for me to nod. "I think you should confront her. Give her a piece of your mind. And if it turns out to be a misunderstanding, or you forgive her, all the better. What do you have to lose anyway?"

I nod. I have nothing to lose. Nothing at all. Naida needs to be put in her place. With one last encouraging smile from Alex, I wonder off to see if I can find Naida.

I look at the time and see that I have therapy soon and I don't have long to look. I'm about to give up when I hear a familiar voice in the distance. I walk slowly toward it and recognize it quickly.

Angel.

I try to listen to who she's talking to, but Angel is still yelling at whoever it is.

"You ruined everything! Now she's mad because of what you told me not to tell her. And she liked you! Why would you use her?!" Angel goes on and on, but I can't shake it. Are they talking about me? I mean, why would-

Suddenly I hear the other voice, but I should have seen it coming.

"It wasn't my fault! They tricked me, and most of what they said we're lies anyway! Little Winter was just to mad at me to see that!
I didn't mean for her to get hurt." Naida defends herself and I feel a single tear slip from my eye. I got so mad over a few lies?

After wiping my eyes, I back away and make it seem like I'm casually walking up to them. Naida sees me and immediately starts.

"I'm so sorry! It's not what you think, but it's pretty close." She walks up to me and throws her arms around me. Angel mutters something incoherent and walks away. "I'm sorry Little Winter. Forgive me?"

I put my arms around her neck and nod into her shoulder. I could basically feel her smile. She pulls back and suddenly I see how close we are. I clear my throat and try to step away. Key word: try. She pulls me back in, but this time, instead of a hug, we are close to kissing. I gulp.

She smirks, running her hands down my arms. I shiver, which she seems to find amusing. Our faces are inches apart and her mint cupcake breath has a hint of chocolate in it, which is driving me crazy. Before I can catch myself, I feel my lips getting closer as I lean in, slowly until she closes the gap. Slowly then all at once. The kiss is blissful, like an endless warmth, until I have a disturbing thought.

I still have therapy.