Chapter twenty

A/N
Hello again! Hope you enjoy, and sorry for any typos in advance. Please tell me what you think! Share the love!

Winter's POV:

Today is the day.

I get to meet the ex girlfriend. Or should I say, the ex girlfriend gets to meet me. I'm not sure what Nix has told her, but I'm going to make damn sure she knows he's mine. That sounds stupid.

"You ready?" Nix asked. He told me he would take me to his room, because he didn't want to take the chance of being alone with her.

"Yeah." I said, and we walked out of my room and started to walk to his. "So what's she like?" I asked.

He rolled his eyes. "You're kidding, right?"

I shook my head. "I wanna know."

He sighed. "She's... Greedy."

"And?" I prompted.

"And oblivious."

"And?" I said again.

"And resourceful."

"And?"

He sighed again. "And a total pain in the ass."

I raised my eyebrows. "Then why did you date her?"

"She was a family friend. She asked me out, and my Father told me I couldn't refuse." He said. Then we stopped at his door and he opened it for me.

"Oh." I walked into his room, and there stood a gorgeous woman.

And the lady beside her, who I assume is Roxy. There was also a man, Roxy's dad I guess, and he did not look happy to see me.

"Lauren, Fredrick, Roxy, this is my girlfriend, Winter." Nix said. Alex walked into the room, saw what was going on and turned to leave. Nix caught him. "Brother! You're just in time."

Alex sighed and walked back over to us. "Long time no see."

"Nix, son, did she have to be here?" Fredrick said, looking me up and down.

I unconscious crossed my arms and Nix spoke up.

"Yes, Fredrick, she does."

Roxy smiled. It looked wicked. "Don't worry, Daddy, this is a great opportunity for us girls to... Get to know each other."

Fredrick nodded. "Very well."

"Speaking of, Winter, would you mind showing me where our hotel is?" Roxy asked, giving me a false smile.

"Of course." I said, giving her a smile just as fake.

Nix raised an eyebrow but didn't say anything. I walked out the door, and she followed.

We got to the parking lot before she started talking.

"Your not right for him, you know."

I glared at her. "Like your any better?"

She scoffed. "Please! Nix loves me. You're just a petty distraction."

"Nix is with me, not you." I argued.

She barked out a laugh. "Because he pities you!"

I shook my head. We weren't walking anymore. "At least he didn't date me because his dad told him to!"

"At least my girlfriend didn't end up checking into the insane asylum!"

I sucked in a breath. "What the hell are you talking about?!"

"I'm talking about Nikki Dixon."

I rolled my eyes. "She wasn't even my girlfriend, so get your-"

"Get my facts straight? I have." She interrupted. "I know about your exes, I know about your therapy, and I know about your parents."

I let out a humorless laugh. "You don't know anything about me, or my parents."

"Oh, but I do. I know they hated you. And I know they killed themselves because of you." She said, stalking towards me.

I felt tears well up in my eyes and catch in my throat. I will not cry in front of her. "I've been blaming myself for years, but I don't believe for one second that they killed themselves."

She smiled that wicked smile again. "You sure? They went out to get you, but they really didn't want you back. So, what do you do?" She shrugged carelessly.

"They didn't." I said firmly.

"Fine. Say it was an accident. It sure worked out great for them." She laughed.

"That isn't true." I said, though I didn't believe myself. I know they hated me.

"Just admit it Winter. After the whole accident....your broken."

"No...No that's where your wrong. I'm not broken. Because to be broken, you had to have been whole in the first place." I said, a year finally slipping last me.

"Aw, is Little Winter crying?" She mocked.

That's when I had enough. There's only one person who can call me that. "Listen here, phony bitch, I am not weak, and don't for one second-"

She cut me off. "You are weak, Winter. Broken, even. And Nix needs a strong shoulder to cry on. Not one that will crumble beneath his weight." She said, looking me up and down, before walking back to Nix's room.

I didn't bother going back. I believed her, every word. I know I'm not strong. I know I'm weak. I know I'm broken.

And I know I'm still Little Winter.