Chapter ten

A/N
Welcome back, and I hope you enjoy! Sorry for any typos in advance, and that this one is short. Pleeeease tell me what you think! Share the love!

Winter's POV

I hear a door slam shut and look over.

"So this is what you say behind my back?" She barks out a humorless laugh, tears in her eyes. "I'm out of here."

"Nikki-"

"Winter? Are you okay?"

Nikki looks down at the phone before she storms out of the room.

"I'll call you late Nix." I hung up before I could hear his response and ran after Nikki. "Nikki, hold on."

I grab her arm and pull he to me.

"Just hold on a second. You said-"

"I said it! It doesn't mean I meant it!" She interrupts.

"Then why did you say it?!"

"Because! I'm broken and you don't have the fucking glue!"

I cringed away from her words. I stepped back. One step. Two. Then I turned and ran to the room.

I collapsed on my bed and let out a shaky breath. I will not cry.

"Hey."

I look up at the familiar voice as he looked at my state.

"No....what happened baby?"

I almost laughed at his words. He walked over to me and wrapped his arms around me. I leaned my head on his shoulder and sighed.

"What's the matter?"

"Nikki." I say, frowning.

"I'm sorry."

"It's not your fault, Nix."

"But it is. I asked on the phone..."

"And I answered. My fault, not your's."

"Well, I still want to make it up to you." He pauses for a moment. "Maybe we could go to the park?"

I nod, and he grabs my hand, pulling me off the bed and out the door. I instantly miss his arms around me, and, as if he can sense it, he shrugged off his jacket.

"What are you doing now?"

He shrugged. "Making it up to you."

I chuckled and slipped it on. "What a sacrifice you have made."

His eyes widened. "Wait-"

"Nope, it's too late now!" I laugh, and he joins in.

"There's that smile." I look up at him, and he looks back at me. It seemed that he was soul searching, not staring. I looked away from his eyes and we started to walk towards the park.

We were smiling and joking, and all was finally well, when I hear my phone in my pocket.

I know what your thinking. Why does an orphan have a phone? Well, we kind of need it, considering we're always going places.

I open the message and stare. There's nothing else to do. Should I open it?

There was a video, but it could be of anything. Who would be texting me anyway....?

I opened it and my heart dropped. I watched as the video loaded, showing Nikki in front of the camera.

"Winter, I'm sorry for what I said. I was out of line. I hope your happy with the boy, cause I won't be in your way. Bye, Winter."

The video ended and I dropped my phone. I stated to run back to the room, but Nix caught me. "What are you doing?"

"I know that voice, Nix! She- She's-" I couldn't finish my sentence, and instead, I burst into tears.

Nix pulls me to him and hugs me before I pull away.

"I have to-"

"I understand, Winter. But I'm coming with you, okay?"

I nod and pull him towards the room, half running half walking.

I opened the door and saw most of the girls sitting on their beds, reading or talking, and I ran to the bathroom. I pounded on the door but their was no answer.

"Winter? What's up?" Bea asks, walking to my side.

"Where's the spare key?" I ask impatiently.

"What's got your panties in a twist?" Katherine says sarcastically.

"I just need the key!"

Natalie brings me the key and I quickly open the door, causing the wood to make a loud clanging sound as it slammed against the wall.

I hear gasps all around me. My heart beat was out of control and I felt Nix grab my hand in an attempt to calm me down. It didn't work.

I fell to my knees, sobbing as the other girls rushed to get help.

"Nikki..." I hiccuped, before I heard footsteps storm into the room.