Chapter five

A/N
Hello, and welcome back! Hope you enjoy! Sorry for any typos in advance, and please tell me what you think! Share the love!

Winter's P.O.V:

I was still floating when Naida dropped me off. My lips stung any my head was spinning. I was scared to go inside, for I felt everyone would somehow know.

Nonetheless I had no choice, so I walked through the door with the number Bella texted me. Everyone turned to look at me before Ele came running up to me. "You're back! We have new roommates, and they've been waiting to meet you!" She said. She then led me over to a group of girls.

There were eight girls in all. As soon as I was close enough, one of the girls started to talk to me. "Hi! My name is Mya! I can't believe we're roommates now! Well, I can kinda believe it because it's happening..." She trails off and the girl beside her, who looks really similar to her, gave me a small wave.

"Hello?" Spoke a small voice. I looked down to see a small kid, definitely the youngest in this room.

I bent down to be the same height as her. "Well hi there. What's your name?" I spoke gently.

She smiled. "I'm Summer." I couldn't hold back my laughter. I wasn't expecting that one. "What?" She asked.

"It's ironic because my name is Winter." I say, barely controlling my laughter. Summer chuckled lightly.

The next girl spoke in a cheerful voice, but her eyes held a different story. There were dark circles under her eyes, her eyebrows were slightly drawn together, and it looks like she's been crying. "Hey, I'm Jessie and this is my sister Abbie. Nice to meet you." I smiled as Abbie waved.

"It's nice to meet you too. I'm Winter." I decided I would ask if she was okay later, considering her sister seemed oblivious.

I talked to two other girls, one was Keira, who just seemed confused about everything, and one was Danielle, who didn't really want to talk. Then I saw the last girl, who was beautiful. She was wearing this hat, and it went great with her jean skirt. Her jacket was oversized and her shirt was tucked in. She was mumbling sing lyrics under her breath when I approached her.

"My legs are dangling off the edge, the bottom of the bottle is my only friend, I think I'll slit my wrist again, and I'm gone, gone, gone, gone. My legs are dangling off the edge, stomach full if pills didn't work again, put a bullet in my head, and I'm gone, gone gone gone." She sang softly.

"Nice song." I say making her jump.

She turns around but instantly gives me a warm smile. "Oh, hi." She says, looking down.

"Hi. I'm Winter." I state. She glances up at me before continuing to keep her head down.

"I'm Nikki." She says softly. I smile and hold out my hand for her to shake.

Instead, she flinches away from me.

"I'm sorry, I didn't know you were so jumpy! Ugh, I should've been more careful. I'm so stupid." I ranted to myself.

"No, it's my fault. A hand shake isn't going to hurt me." She says grabbing my hand and shaking it. Weirdly enough, it caused tiny sparks to erupt in my stomach. It was different than how it is with Naida. My hands shook slightly as we pulled out hands away.

I looked around the room, realizing that it was really late, and saw a lot of people asleep, working on homework, or not planning on sleeping anytime soon. Seriously, Bea, Bailey and Jessie looked far from sleep. I think I even see a coffee cup on Bea's bedside table. Wow.

Nikki informed me she was going to go get ready for bed and I nodded, making my way towards Jessie before tapping on her shoulder. "Hey, can we talk?" I asked. She gave me a confused look but stood up anyway.

We walked out of the room and shut the door quietly. I turned to look at her as she rocked back and forth on her feet awkwardly. "Um, I'm sorry to drag you out here, I just wanted to know if you're okay." I said, clearing my throat.

"It's fine, and thanks for asking. No one else really noticed. It's just that I'm having a hard time taking everything in. And I'm scared fo what will happen when I do take it in. I want to seem strong, for Abbie's sake." She shook her head, as if she was scolding herself.

"If you ever need to talk, I'm here, okay? I know you don't really know me, but I've been in your position. I know what it's like." I said, with a genuine smile.

She smiled back. "Thanks."

After a few awkward seconds, she told me she was tired and walked back into the room. I stayed. I needed the alone time to sort through my brain.

What's going on with me and Naida? What will happen now that I've missed therapy? What am I going to do tomorrow?

My thoughts were swarming around in my head, and the only cure was sleep. So, I opened the door, shutting it behind me, and walked over to my bed before face planting in it. I pulled the covers over my head, and all noises started to fade away slowly.

Until I heard soft sobbing. I yanked the covers off of me and looked around. I was about to go back to sleep when I saw Nikki shaking. I slowly walked over and saw tears continuously falling down her face. Her eyes were closed, and I think she was asleep. She must be having a nightmare. I contemplate what to do, before I lean down, shaking her shoulder softly. She wakes up, scared, and jumps when she sees me.

"Are you okay?" I whisper softly. She shakes her head before pulling me to her, wrapping her arms around my neck. I hug her back, knowing she needs the comfort. "Do you want to talk about it?" I ask, and she shakes her head.

After a few minutes, she stopped shaking and I pulled back so I could go back to my bed. Instead, she grabbed my hand. "Please don't leave me." She said and I sighed. I pulled back her covers, making her shiver slightly, and slid under them.

"Happy?" I asked as I settled into her bed. She nodded and smiled. I was fast asleep before she said anything else.