Immortals

The team and I were in the lounge ready to discuss my immortal life and the many complications that follow.

Tony was making everyone drinks as the night began to draw in, Bucky was sat next to me eating the dinner I'd cooked, Steve was sat with Nat discussing how good my cooking was, Sam made himself a coffee not wanting an alcoholic drink from Tony whilst Wanda sat cross legged on the floor-also digging in to my meal.

"So little devil, tell us everything" Tony said smirking and handing you a drink.

I'd asked for the strongest whiskey he had which had caused him to become more than impressed with me.

"Jeez Ara not even Starks drink like that" he teased as he watched me gulp it down.

"Morningstars do" I smiled sadly, staring into the bottom of my glass.

"So questions, fire away" I said to the team, I wanted them to be informed about my life.

Not only that, I wanted to teach them about Immortals, not many knew of us and we were dangerous-if my father ever sent any for me, we'd all be in the shit.

"What was your job in hell? Like, why were you so high ranking?" Sam was the first to ask a question, clearly curious about it all.

"I..." I didn't know how to tell them about my duties in hell.

What I did was something that had to be done and it was done to horrible people anyway but humans were different than immortals-more emotional.

"I was hells torturer" everyone stopped eating looking wide eyed at me.

I felt Bucky's hand squeeze my thigh comfortingly as if telling me to continue.

"everyone who dies ends up in hell for a reason. Despite what religious lunatics think you don't end up in hell for something like adultery or blasphemy. You only end up in hell for doing horrible, awful and horrific things and that's only if you feel no remorse about them; you could commit mass murder but if you redeemed yourself later on you'd still end up in the good place" I explained cautiously.

"Why'd you have to torture them?" Nat asked.

"Well, my father thinks that being in hell isn't punishment enough. So I torture newbies, the worst of the worst" I said sighing guiltily.

"Your father, what does he look like?" Steve questioned obviously imagining my father with goat legs and a red complexion like old tales spoke of.

"We have our mortal forms, every demon does. But we have our immortal forms which look very different to our mortal forms-my fathers immortal form is not what you'd imagine, he has horns and wings and his face..." I trailed off in fear.

Thinking of his devil form sent unnerving chills down my spine.

"Anyone who sees his face is usually paralysed with fear" I gulped.

They all seemed immersed in my world and too were unsettled by thoughts of my father.

"What's your immortal form?" Clint was the only one brave enough to ask.

"I look like a mortal almost, but I look like a different person...I too have horns" I told him.

He opened his mouth to speak but stopped himself, maybe he thought it was rude but I knew what he wanted to ask.

"I can show you" I breathed.

Everyone nodded silently, they were uneasy but not afraid; I was there teammate and they needed to know everything if we could go on missions and actually work together. Steadily, I rose from my seat casting a look of fear at Bucky-what if he didn't like me after seeing my immortal form? I extended my wings so they tore my skin coming out, I wrapped them around myself concealing my morphing body.