Sinners Aren't Always Winners

Aradia

I saw Tony and Sam fly up in front of me with smiles.

Looking down, Bucky and Thor we're patiently waiting for us to make the first attack so they could too, I'd heard Steve's plan and knew he wanted me to make the first signal so they could go in.

I nodded to Tony and Sam telling them to wait in the air for a moment. I swooped down silently landing in a huge oak tree which was situated so a broad branch was above two guards.

We still needed this to be a stealth mission until Nat and Clint entered the base, then it was hell for leather.

"When Aradia makes the first attack, Buck and Thor advance" Steve said through comms.

I walked on the branch using my god given agility to keep myself steady and graceful, I felt the avengers eyes on me-watching to observe what I was like on my first mission. I hung upside down from the branch and lowered my head so I was in between the two guards.

"Lucifer told me that you killed your friend quietly" I whispered.

I perched back upright on the branch and watched the guard slit the others throat and gently lower him to the ground.

"Lucifer told me that you let my friends inside" I whispered.

Nat and Clint strolled in, waving at me casually as the guard stood stock still under my trance.

I grabbed a dagger from my boot and thrust it into his back and watched him drop to the ground which alerted other guards-Nat and Clint were inside...it wasn't a stealth mission anymore.

"Lets do it!" Sam exclaimed eagerly.

Bucky ran full force into a guard who was charging towards me, he glanced at me momentarily and winked cheekily. Suddenly, two underground door opened and guard piled out, wave after wave of them...

"Cap, we've got a lot more company than expected" Tony said sounding shocked.

"And I didn't make enough dinner!" He said sardonically to lighten the situation.

"Nat and Clint are okay inside, Wanda and I are coming for backup" Steve notified us in a serious tone.

I flew up ahead next to Tony and had an idea.

"Tony!" I called.

"I'll sweep and you fire at them!" I yelled over the noise of the whipping wind.

He nodded and I soared downwards: Thor and Bucky were having trouble fighting the amount of Hydra goons coming at them,

"Golden boy, Buck, duck!" I shouted and they did as instructed.

I flew close to the ground and my wings sliced and knocked over a wave of Hydra goons-Tony followed suit and fired beams at them.

"Nice work Starks" Steve's impressed voice said in my ear.

Flashes of red energy lifted Hydra soldiers left and right, I saw Wanda expertly taking out soldiers.

"Nat, Clint, how's the date going?" I asked through comms.

"Bad, Nat only has eyes for the file" Clint retorted.

"ARADIA WATCH OUT!" Bucky's scared yelp made me turn around in time to see a ballistic shooting towards me.

I used my wings to shield my body from the fireball and let it crash onto the skin of my wings, a searing pain and a burning smell made me scream in pain. I felt myself spiralling down towards the forest floor below-I attempted to flap my wings but was met with an agonising sharp pain; I plummeted to the ground and rolled over.