Never Moving Forward

Bucky

I was restless.

Nightmares had been plaguing me for the last few weeks again, they'd gotten better for a while but they were back and with a vengeance.

It was 3am, nobody would be up at this hour...certainly not Steve. That's when I remembered a certain immortal. Aradia.

I sat up feeling my muscles ache in protest, Steve and I had been combat training non stop in case of any missions; I was unsure about Aradia coming along the missions. She was the first person aside from Steve that I'd trusted in so long and the thought of her getting hurt...just to think it is painful.

"Friday, where is Aradia?" I asked the A.I.

"Miss Stark is on the balcony in her room, Mr Barnes" Friday informed me.

I swiped the covers off of my and made my way into the hall. It was silent with the occasional creaks and noises the tower made; when I first arrived here it took me a month to get used to all the noises, I was so paranoid that it was Hydra.

I stopped at Aradia's door not wanting to just barge in, I knocked softly so I didn't wake anyone up. The door opened ajar, Aradia was in her silk camie, my hands felt clammy as I saw her exposed skin-pale as moonlight.

"Bucky, come in" she whispered letting me through.

Her room was neat, she had pictures of her and the team on the wall above her luxurious plush couch she had where her bed would be if she needed it.

"Is everything okay Buck?" She looked up at me with eyes full of worry-those bright green eyes I could get lost in any day.

"Couldn't sleep" I muttered

She chuckled, making her way to the balcony Tony had fitted into her room. It was nicer than most, it had chairs and a coffee table with a telescope and fire pit. She was always up so she needed a way to distract herself I suppose.

"Know the feeling" she said sarcastically.

I smiled following her to the balcony where she'd lit a fire in her fire pit.

"I know it must've been weird seeing me in my immortal form" she brought up the events of earlier tonight.

I furrowed my brows wondering why she would think it was weird.

"I'm sorry you saw me in that form. I'm sorry you'll see it on missions" she apologised-her eyes were dim and her smile gone.

"Why are you apologising? моя роза, that form is you!" I said passionately, I didn't want her thinking she was some sort of monster.

"you look beautiful either way" I added shyly.
[моя роза=my rose]

"No ones ever said that form is...beautiful" she swallowed with watering eyes.