Living Next Door To The Devil

We were all sat in the briefing room. Lucifer sat at the bottom end of the long glass table with Morta, Michael, Hera, Raphael and Gabriel all seated on the left hand side of the table. Tony sat at the top end of the table with the rest of us seated on the right hand side of the table, Aradia stood next to Tony staring at her father with a mixture of sadness and anger.

I felt Steve's hand find mine under the table and I squeezed it once.

"You're the Devil, you love making deals right?" Tony began sounding like he was pitching him a business idea or something.

Lucifer remained stoic but he smiled at Tony's words.

"then let's make some sort of deal" Tony suggested.

"We're not making any deals! Aradia does not belong here" Michael voiced angrily.

"her being here is just more potential for her to fall for a mortal and we'll all be punished. The last time that happened we all fell from Asgard" Michael reminded his family.

"Michael" Lucifer growled.

The large man stopped talking hesitantly, I eyed him holding Hera's hand and peered into his mind and their relationship. They were in love, hiding it from Lucifer in fear of his rage...maybe I could use this.

"if that had not happened, we wouldn't have dear Aradia" he smiled at Aradia.

"If you're all here who's ruling hell?" Aradia questioned.

"A trusted demon" Hera answered.

Her eyes were angry, directed at Aradia.

"which wouldn't need to happen if you'd just stayed where you were supposed to be!" She raised her voice in anger.

"Stop talking to her like that flames" Bucky sneered at Hera.

"Everyone calm down" Nat's said trying to sound rational.

She laid both hands on the table which were bandaged because Raphael had slashed her with his knives during the fight.

"Lucifer, I'm sure we can arrange something" Nat looked at Lucifer unafraid.

"What do you propose Miss Romanoff?" Lucifer asked, clasping his hands together.

The team looked at each other confused, how did he know Nat's name?

Aradia stepped forward, her wings were still out and had healed almost fully, they were scarred now-gleaming white in the unnatural lighting.

"What if you lived on earth?" She offered.

He laughed at her suggestion.

"I'm serious, just for a few months. We could show you what earth has to offer! I'll prove to you how much I wanna stay and if you still don't believe me...I'll go back with you" Aradia finished.

Bucky's head snapped in her direction, his brows furrowed and his eyes twinkled in sadness.

I didn't want Aradia to leave, she was a part of this team and our family!

"Where would we even stay Ara?" Raphael asked, he was slumped in his chair looking sympathetic for his sister.

"There's a huge annex in the woods near the compound. It's Stark owned, you guys can stay there" Tony graciously offered.

I frowned, his love for Aradia was palpable. He was offering to live next door to the devil!

Lucifer leaned back in his chair with a wide smile, he mulled over the offer before leaning forward and placing a piece of paper on the table-he seemed to have pulled the paper from thin air.