Devils Good Company

Bucky

It had been a year after the Stark party that meant Aradia and her family could stay.

They'd settled in nicely, they mostly kept to themselves aside from the occasional night when they'd wander over to ours and watch movies, drink and dance with us.

Steve and I had just finished a stressful duo mission.

We were bruised and tired; the Hydra base had hit us harder than we'd expected.

Steve had gone straight to bed after checking I was okay, all that kept me from collapsing on the floor from exhaustion was the thought that I'd see Aradia in the morning.

I opened my door-squinting in the darkness at the figure sat on my bed curled up with something.

"Bucky?" Aradia's hopeful voice made my heart ache.

I smiled switching on the lamp to see my doll.

She was in her night clothes, hugging one of my jumpers to her chest like a lifeline. She beamed when she saw me, quickly getting up from the bed to cup my cheeks with her soft hands.

I hummed in pleasure at her touch, I didn't think it was possible to miss someone so much.

"Oh, Doll I missed you so bad" I strained.

She placed her lips on mine slowly: I sighed happily, pulling her closer to my chest and letting her hand run through my hair, I traced the outline of her figure with my thumb. It was familiar, home.

"Dia" I pulled from our kiss reluctantly.

"I need to talk to you" I puffed.

"Is everything okay?" Aradia furrowed her brows with a fearful pout.

"On Steve and I's mission, we found more files on you. Before we thought it was Lucifer that wanted you in Hydra but that wasn't true...Hydra wants you all on their own. They're after you" I explained with anger lacing my tone.

I kept thinking about how Hydra had taken everything from me. I won't ever let Aradia be taken from me. Never.

"I know you'll keep me safe Bucky, I'm not afraid of Hydra" she smiled up at me fearlessly.

"Aradia I know you're not. But I won't have you hurt, I can't have you hurt. So, I don't want you going on missions right now" I confessed knowing she wasn't going to like it.

"What? Buck, I know you're scared for me but you can't just stop me going on missions until you solve the problem!" Aradia exclaimed.

"This is my job, that comes with a risk" Aradia excused.

"Dia please!" I said slightly raising my voice.

She stopped talking to tilt her head at me with her mouth slightly agape.

"Steve agreed with me, you're not coming on missions. It's too dangerous...I'm sorry" I exhaled, rubbing her forearm feeling genuinely sorry.

"It's fine Buck, I know the team will get rid of the threat soon. I trust you" Aradia gave me a warm smile before she lead me to the bed.

"get some sleep, my love" she cooed as I stripped down to my boxers and lazily lay on top of the covers with her enveloped in my arms.

I drifted off happily, dreaming not of Hydra but of my Aradia.

Aradia

I felt a buzz in my mind.

A light, tingly buzz calling me...someone was summoning me.