66 | awkward conversations

[66 | Awkward Conversations]

I ran out of the Bus, breathing in the LA air. Billie followed me, we just stood outside of the bus, knowing we were home, well nearly. "I'll call an Uber," Billie says lifting her phone to her ear. I spent the few minutes she was occupied to just take in what had happened over the last few months. my entire life has changed, in the most amazing way possible. It still seems like a dream, like none of this is real and that one day I will wake up in my bed, and go back to only leaving the house when I had to.

"What ya thinking about," Billie asked poking my arm, I turned to her and her eyes were almost glowing.

"How crazy it is that this all happened. I never used to believe in fate, I thought it was a stupid concept for people who needed that last slice of hope, but its not. think about it, what were the chances of us ever meeting each other, me leaving my sketchbook, you seeing a sketch you loves, and well you know the rest," I look out over the hill from the bus station. "I think we were like meant to meet each other,"

"Yeah, I think so too," she stands behind me, wrapping her hands around my waist. "Or," she pauses and I have an uneasy feeling in my stomach,

"Or what," I ask, with some urgency.

"Or we're soulmates," she now stood next o me, and we both sat down. I played my head on her lap.

"There is this old chines myth, that a god ties a red string around your pinkie, and the other end of the string is tied to the pinkie of your soulmate, and over time the string shortens, pulls the soulmates together,"

she smiled at me, and we sat looking over La as the sun began to set.

Billie's phone buzzed, "Uber is here," we got up, grabbed our stuff and climbed in,

"hang on, this isn't big enough for all of us," I said looking around.

"That's because we are going to your apartment, I know much you've missed Lila and I've seen my family every day we've been on tour,"

"thank you Billie," I don't text Lila about us coming over, I wanted it to be a surprise.

We were stood outside the apartment door, and I was trying to find my key, I didn't have it out, because I thought we were going to Billies. "why don't we just knock?" she asks laughing a little.

"Because I'm stupid and forgot that was an option," we both giggle as Billie knows on the door, and we hear footsteps approaching.

The door opens, revealing Isaac "Billie, Rory, hey," he gives smiles, the awkward tension built up.

"Rory's back!" Lila calls running to the door, jumping into my arms. "I missed you," she said.

"I missed you too,".

when Lila jumped down, we all walked into the apartment, sitting around the breakfast bar. "How's Eli," Billie asked, obviously not caring at all.

"I erh, I don't know, he met a girl and the next week they went to Asia together, for a," she held his fingers up quoting Eli "Break from the hard life," he let out a breath, "That was a couple of weeks after we got back from seeing you guys, he calls every now and again, but who really knows what he is up to," Isaac finishes and the tension that was once in the room leaves, what Eli did wasn't Isaac's fault, I keep telling myself that over, and over.

I feeling something by my feet and look down to see a little ball of fur. "You got a puppy," I said as if I were and exited five year old. I sat on the floor playing with it.

"yeah, his name is Alfie," Lila said, "We were gonna order pizza and watch a movie, but we can go and do that at Isaac's if you guys want to be alone,"

"No, no its chill, stay we can all have a movie night," Billie says, sitting down next to me on the floor. Lila and Isaac then start their own conversation about the Pizza, leaving me and Billie with the puppy.

"HI Alfie," I say in a baby voice. "Look at his ears they are way too big for him," I laugh, I look up from the Puppy to Billie, who is watching me with a smile on her face.

"What?" I ask wondering what's making her so smiley.

"Nothing, you're just cute," she says casually, as a feel my cheeks heat up.

"mmmmph," I whine, not knowing how to take the compliment.

*time skip*

we are all watching our third movie, and me and Billie are hugging, my head laying on her chest, the puppy on her lap, I could get used to this. Billie picks up her phone, types something and puts it down again. Two seconds later, Lila's phone buzzes and a smile crosses over her face. I assume its just coincidence, but I can't shake the feeling.

A/N

heyo! hope you have had a okay day, I made cookies yesterday, I would offer you one, but teleportation isn't a thing yet :(