Chapter 2

Are you going to get up there tonight princess?"

Spinning around I see Mickey with a cheeky grin on his face.

"No way, I've told you before I'm never doing that again!

“If I’d a known I was never going to hear you sing again I would never have hired you"

"Yeah right you love me and you know it" I sing as I walk away turning to wink at him.

I used to love to sing; now the thought of it makes me shiver! I'm not a shy person and I don't think its nerves, my physiologists used to say it was guilt. I did have allot of guilt because I was here and Isac was gone, but I'm over that now and I'm getting on with my life, I just still can't bring myself to perform.

Mickey is the only one who knows the real me 'Isabella Stark messed up daughter of millionaire Matthew Stark and hippie artist Julia Stark’. I don't want everyone to know my past or my families royalties, because I need to not be her anymore I need to be me Izzie... confident, funny and happy Izzie Stark.

My shift finished 45 minutes ago but I have to wait for Mickey to finish so he can walk me home. He will not let me walk home alone after midnight, and if he's not here one of the regulars take me instead! Mickey is very over protective!

"Mickey you look exhausted why don’t I just call a taxi"

"No, I like our walks, it gives us time to catch up, and we hardly spoke tonight"

"Ok but why don't you just sleep at mine tonight, I will cook breakfast in the morning"

Mickey nods and sighs "yeah" through a yawn; we walk out the back entrance of the bar to my flat.

"Stop it Izzie" It’s not fair you...know...I...can't...get...out...of...bed"

I look down at my brother and see his face scrunched half pain half laughter, as I sat tickling his feet. He hates his feet tickled. He came home from the hospital yesterday and I missed him so much they wouldn’t let me stay with him and I hated it. Isac's hair has started to fall out again, it seems when he starts to get better he gets kicked back down again and it's killed me to see him like this. Isac never moans he's accepted it and keeps talking about his funeral and his plans, I go along with it and never cry in front of him, he doesn't need to be worrying about me. It’s or 15th birthday tomorrow but we're not having a big party like we usually do, just a family movie day. I hear him shuffle in the bed and look up to see his skin pale and sweat on his brow.

"Iz get the bowl"

I know what he needs and pick up the white plastic dish to hold while he vomits into it. I'm used to this it happens allot, I used to get freaked out but after a year it kind of becomes second nature. Isac gives me an apologetic look and I give him a weak smile, he lays back on his pillow with a sigh and close his eyes, I get up on the bed making sure not to disturb him too much and lay my head next to his.

"Princess you awake"

The knock is loader this time.

"Go away I'm sleeping"

I mumble into my pillow

“Sorry I heard you crying and then you said Isac’s name. Are you dreaming again?"

Putting a hand to my face I can feel damp cheeks, I was dreaming but I didn't know I was crying. I pull my date book out of my bedside draw and go to the next clear page and scribble it down.

Evening of Saturday 17th September 2011...Dream about Isac, just out of hospital and happy.

Mickey put his head around the door. I pat the bed and he sits on the end looking at me with sad eyes.